Anses - cuil

Foreigners residing temporary in Argentina and who do not hold Argentinean identification should show a means of identification and a copy of the Certificado Nacional de Población y Migraciones (DNPyM) or an entry permit issued by the Argentinean consulate or international agreements.

Does the above mean an 90 day extension visa? or are these entirely different documents.

thanks again

aidan

aidanlawlor said:
Foreigners residing temporary in Argentina and who do not hold Argentinean identification should show a means of identification and a copy of the Certificado Nacional de Población y Migraciones (DNPyM) or an entry permit issued by the Argentinean consulate or international agreements.

Does the above mean an 90 day extension visa? or are these entirely different documents.

thanks again

aidan

All you need is the paper you received upon entry (if they still give them to tourists). You will need to show it when applying for the extension. Do you know how to do that?

i didnt recieve any piece of paper. Only a stamp.

so if i am correct.

once i go to migrations tomorrow and get my 90 day visa extension. Either it be a stamp or a piece of paper, i can then take that with me to Anses to get a CUIL?

aidanlawlor said:

so if i am correct.

once i go to migrations tomorrow and get my 90 day visa extension. Either it be a stamp or a piece of paper, i can then take that with me to Anses to get a CUIL?

I seriously doubt it as I think they will want to see proof of temporary residency at the least and all you have now is residencia transitoria:

From the following site: http://www.afip.gob.ar/english/taxInformation.asp

What is the Labor Identification Number – CUIL?

The Labor Identification Number – CUIL – is a numerical code similar to the CUIT that identifies persons employed or that may be employed by a third person.

It is worth noting that such code is granted and issued by another entity called National Administration of Social Security (Only available in Spanish).

To check your CUIL certificate Click Here (Search available only in Spanish).

Certificate of Fiscal Residence

Previous Considerations

Under the Decreto 67/03 (Decree 67/03), the competent area for the Certificate of Fiscal Residence issue is the Subsecretaría de Ingresos Públicos (Undersecretary of Public Revenues) which depends on the Ministry of Economy and Production through the Dirección Nacional de Impuestos (National Tax Bureau).

The Federal Administration of Public Revenues, as authority of application, is responsible for the issue of such certificate.

It is worth noting that the intervention of each tax agency will be limited to provide information only to the above mention unit of application, whether the certificate has been requested in the relevant agency or in the National Tax Bureau.

Application form submission

The interested party must start the procedure to obtain the Certificate of Fiscal Residence indistinctively at the Dirección Nacional de Impuestos – Dirección de Relaciones Tributarias Internacionales (National Tax Bureau –International Tax Relations Bureau), or at the Federal Administration of Public Revenues.
Taxpayers registered in the Argentine Republic must appear before the AFIP’s agency (Only available in Spanish) in which he/ she is registered.

Provement of the resident status

Individuals or legal persons residing in the Argentine Republic, under the article 119 of the Income Tax Law (Only available in Spanish) (consolidated text 1997 as amended), may prove his/ her condition as resident within the country, by submitting the following documentation for each case:

Native or naturalized individuals with argentine nationality: ID (Libreta de Enrolamiento, Libreta Cívica or Documento Nacional de Identidad).

Individuals of foreign nationality: certificate issued by National Office of Migration (Only available in Spanish) authorizing his/ her stay in the Argentine Republic or ID (Documento Nacional de Identidad).

Undivided estate in which the taxpayer, on the date of death, was a resident in the Argentine Republic: the documentation established above, if applicable.

The parties to which the provisions of the article 69 section a) of the Income Tax Law (Partnerships) (Only available in Spanish) apply: partnership agreement or statute registered in the Inspección General de Justicia (General Inspectorate of Justice).

Fideicomisos (including financial fideicomisos) which, under the Ley 24.441 (Law 24.441) (Only available in Spanish), prove their inclusion in such legal regime with the relevant certificate of registration. Mutual Investment Funds under the article 1°, paragraph 2 of the Ley 24083 (Law 24.083) as amended: through the management regulations dully registrated in the Registro Público de Comercio (Public Registry of Commerce).

Documents to be submitted
The interested party must fill in the form attached as “Solicitud Certificado de Residencia Fiscal”(Certificate of Fiscal Residence Application Form) jointly with the following documentation:

Original and photocopy of the ID (DNI/ LC/ LE)

Original and photocopy of all the pages of the passport, including pages in blank.

aidanlawlor said:

so if i am correct.

Don't forget to take a photocopy of the info (photo) page and the page with your entry stamp in your passport when you go to get the extension from the prorrogas de permenencia. You can get copies made there, but the line can be very long. And make sure the $300 pesos you are going to use to pay are not counterfeit (they will check the bills).

CUIL not CUIT. I am looking for a labour card not a tax card.

thanks for all your help anyway steveinBsas.

I will keep searching for the answers.

All i want is a CUIL.

If anyone out there knows the process please let me know.

cheers

Aidan

aidanlawlor said:

All i want is a CUIL.

cheers

Aidan

The last link I posted is all about the process for obtaining CUIL. if you read it carefully I don't think you will find any way to get your CUIL without obtaining residency first.

A few expats who are working here without residency got a CUIT and their employers accepted them. This classifies them as independent contractors, but I don't think they are working "legally" in any case. It might work for you if you can't get a CUIL.

thanks for everything.

i must go back to my employer and get them to apply for me or maybe go through a 3rd party.

but i will post all the happens to help the next poor and unfortunate.

muchisimos gracias por todo,

les aviso cuando yo se mas,

ciao

aidan

aidanlawlor said:

All i want is a CUIL.

cheers

Aidan

Steve posted a lot of info that you should read though. But basically you can not get a CUIL on a tourist visa. You may be able to get a CUIT (hit or miss). You can not be employed as a regular salaried employee without getting your residency visa sorted out. You will need to bring your contract with you to migrations. And even then I'd study this issue thoroughly before you go to migraciones.

Back