Any Argentines in the forum?

Jvanka

Registered
If you lived abroad and returned to Argentina, what was/is positive about coming back?
... Funny, when I was reading the post about people hating dulce de leche, reminds me I never liked peanut butter neither could figure people eating full spoons of it. Could we say peanut butter is the dulce de leche of US? LOL
:D

i live in both places (was born in neither) and disliske DDL and peanut butter equally.

Born here but I lived for 30 years in beatiful California.
Wanto to exchange experiencias?

HenryNisental said:
Born here but I lived for 30 years in beatiful California.
Wanto to exchange experiencias?
Interestingly so, I was born here and lived abroad 28 years. Just got back and very tough adjustment. Then again, I grew up away

sharing ideas is great

Hey guys, I'm an Argentinian who's come back home after ten years in Ireland. Finding it hard to find any positives about being back apart from my family, friends and beef!!! AS for the peanut butter and dulce de leche argument, I think a all in moderation is the key!
Have a great day!

I think there are candy bars out there with peanut butter and dulce caramel de leche :)
FYI the ddl ice cream in north america is a hit!
and
the Tazo tea, by starbucks, contains yerba mate. :rolleyes: (i miss their cheescakes with ddl)
Bizcochitos de grasa coming up soon... lol

What were your big reasons for deciding to return? To be closer to family? Retirement? My Argentine friends in the US blow so hot and cold on this subject... they miss it, they want to return, follow Argentine news and feel militantly patriotic from abroad, but never actually make the move.

Im Argentine and lived 30years abroad and still do 6 mths per year
i love dulce de leche and peanut butter and love many things about living here but this year I must say my scale has more on the negative part.Im finding it harder and harder to want to remain having, thank god, so many other options open.Im truly looking forward to leaving this year....sad to say!

starlucia said:
What were your big reasons for deciding to return? To be closer to family? Retirement? My Argentine friends in the US blow so hot and cold on this subject... they miss it, they want to return, follow Argentine news and feel militantly patriotic from abroad, but never actually make the move.

Family and a couple of friends. Also, I did not like the idea of my kids growing up in a different culture and not being able to uproot them later. I could do without the food, the noise, the traffic, Argentine TV, accent, bad manners etc. etc. etc.

Back