Any change on entrance requirements to argentina?

jbeas176

Registered
i was in a US airport yesterday picking up my colombian girlfriend of 15 years. no mask requirements on the flight or in the airport. it looks probable that antigen tests will go away on june 15

i was in a US airport yesterday picking up my colombian girlfriend of 15 years. no mask requirements on the flight or in the airport. it looks probable that antigen tests will go away on june 15
Where did you hear that June 15th date? Would be great for that to be dropped

Where did you hear that June 15th date? Would be great for that to be dropped
Published on Thursday, April 07, 2022
PRESS RELEASE....by means of Administrative Decision 370/2022, the National Gov't updates the requirements for entering the country:

Argentines or residents must complete, within 48 hours prior to the start of the trip, the electronic affidavit (DDJJ) declaring their vaccination status.

Non-resident foreigners must also complete, within 48 hours prior to the beginning of the trip, the electronic affidavit (DDJJ) declaring their vaccination status and must have a COVID-19 health insurance with coverage for hospitalization, isolation and/or sanitary transfer services....

This is an official communique. It does not state that a PCR or antigen test is required to enter ARG as of April 7, 2022.

i think he might have been referring to the US requirement for testing upon entry.

i think he might have been referring to the US requirement for testing upon entry.
I don't think so. These are the first 2 paragraphs of the press release:
Argentina is going through a favorable epidemiological situation with 11 consecutive weeks of decrease in the number of cases of COVID-19 and with important advances in the vaccination strategy, with coverage levels of 89.4% in the general population with first dose and 80.5% with complete vaccination schedules.

This context favors greater flexibility in border sanitary measures, as well as the return to full operation of border crossings that did not have sanitary authorization to operate as safe corridors of entry into the country.

I don't think so. These are the first 2 paragraphs of the press release:
Argentina is going through a favorable epidemiological situation with 11 consecutive weeks of decrease in the number of cases of COVID-19 and with important advances in the vaccination strategy, with coverage levels of 89.4% in the general population with first dose and 80.5% with complete vaccination schedules.

This context favors greater flexibility in border sanitary measures, as well as the return to full operation of border crossings that did not have sanitary authorization to operate as safe corridors of entry into the country.
This is a very unfortunate thinking in my opinion. The cases will go up in Argentina as well in the winter. Even the boosted people are getting COVID. Many people with COVID are not taking official tests, since most recover in a week or less. The unknown question is how many of them will suffer from long COVID. We are fortunate thanks to partial or full immunity and .improved medical knowledge and techniques, the death rates will continue go down. But I don't think it is a good idea to relax testing for travelers yet. Maybe after winter...

There has been no entry testing requirements for Argentina for a while. The USA is going into summer and those were the requirements I assumed the OP was commenting on when stating the June 15th date. Just wondering where they heard/saw that as I’m heading there next month and would be a welcome change.

Last edited:
Back