Any Expat Families In Hurlingham?

prettejohn

Registered
Hi

We've moved to Hurlingham and are interested in finding places to go in the Hurlingham area especially with young kids. Am members of the Hurlingham Club which is lovely but mostly for tennis/golf addicts. Are there any other people who would like to meet up ?

I'm not far from you (paso del rey). Would actually be interested in finding out some info about the Hurlingham Club. I'm not super mobile at the moment (8 months pregnant) but would be great to meet up with a fellow expat in the area :)

Reactions: Kaz
There is also The Hurling Club. It was founded by Irish immigrants nearly 100 years ago and as the name suggest they used to play the Irish sport Hurling. This Saturday they are having a late St Patricks Day party, with a hurling exhibition match, Irish music, Irish dancing and food etc. Then later a gig.

Not sure if your interested in this type of thing but may be a good way to meet some expats and locals. I am Irish and live relatively close and popped in and bumped into quite a few irish expats who train there. It was also great seeing local Argentinian kids wearing irish club jerseys playing hurling. There is a nice atmosphere in the place. And a lovely bar ; )

Reactions: Kaz
Does the Hurlingham still sponsor the Dwarf Tossing Contest?

Hi there fellow expats. I have lived in San Antonio de Padua for 7 years and didn't realise there were other expats so close by. I would love to meet up with other expats, I'm from the UK. What time does the St Patrick's Day party start on Saturday and will there be any other expats there then? We could maybe exchange phone numbers and arrange to meet up.

Thank you Erian for calling. We have a 2 year old and 4 year old and my wife has curly, beautiful red hair so fell free to come up and chat.

Look forward to meeting some expats!

Oh well. We didn't meet anyone. Did anyone else go. Ironic for an Irish club as they decided to cancel all the children's activities due to a little rain...

you didnt meet anyone?? Sorry I didn't spot you because I met a load of people and we were all chatting and formed a big enough group.

I managed to go in the end and there were 30 or so Irish expats there, plus a few Americans. I arrived at 5 and there was a Hurling game between Argentines and the Irish. Then there was food and drink at around 7, a dinner with the Irish ambassodor with Irish music and outside there was irish dancing (and a scottish bagpipe group with dancers). It was really good fun and the locals all had Irish surnames (was chatting to a 3rd generation guy who was called Tommy Delaney : ) ) and were all interested in talking to us and chatting about ireland etc. We left around 2am. and there was still some of the irish crowd in the bar.

Every Saturday there is Hurling training at 4pm. It's free to go so if your interested just go along (you need no experience and the trainer is an Irish guy who for the past 5 years has been training local kids to play hurling). You dont need to be a member.

Pity you didnt meet anynone considering there was quite a big expat crowd there and most of the locals there spoke a high level of english so weren't shy at all.

Go along some saturday and you will see a couple of expats training! Hopefully I will make it this weekend

Back