Any Expat Families In Hurlingham?

Hi:

I grew up in Hurlingham but have lived in California for 40 years. I return annually for a short vacation. My fondest Argentine memories are of the years I spent at the Hurlingham Club. You don't have to play golf or tennis; I believe they have a social membership category. The place is, in my opinion, simply spectacular. In addition to the golf course and tennis courts, it has a cricket field that is also used as a soccer field, it has a lovely clubhouse, and if you have young children, it has a terrific Casita de Ninos.

There are 70 hectareas in the club, which includes five Polo fields. Your kids can run, play and be carefree. In the summer, there are two pools: one for children and one for adults.

Visit the place. Lots of members speak English. .Ask for a tour. Initiation fees are pretty low.

I highly recommend it for you and your family.

Unfortunately we left at at about 6.30 as we have 2 young kids and had hoped there would be some things for them to do. We had a good time and did see the Hurling game and indulged in an Irish breakfast. Thanks for the info however.

I have only passed by the Hurlingham Club and it looks massive. It's the old English club. The Irish 'Hurling Club' is a lot smaller. So I'm not sure what is better suited for kids, but it's probably the bigger Hurlingham club.

Good luck and I may see you around!

Thank you. We're already members of the Hurlingham Club and it is indeed a beautiful place. There is a small casita for children and they do do a range of activities throughout the year. It's a friendly place and a good range of activities.

Back