Any expats doing remote tele-therapy with US clients or offering english speaking therapy in AR?

River222

Registered
Hi all!

I recently finished a masters degree in psychology as well as a therapy internship. My next step would be getting my LMHCA. I'm also considering moving to Argentina. Is there anyone on here who does remote tele-therapy with US clients while living in Argentina? Would there be demand among expats for an English speaking therapist? Ideally, I'd love to chat with someone who is already doing what I'm thinking about to see how feasible something like this would be.

In Buenos Aires, it's abnormal not to have a therapist. Why not target the English-speaking non-expats (otherwise known as locals or Porteños)? That's a much bigger market.

how would payment work, would your clients ideally have a U.S. healthcare plan?

how would payment work, would your clients ideally have a U.S. healthcare plan?
Imagine that remote clients would, but locals would likely be private pay? How do locals pay for local therapy in Argentina?

I think there would be limited demand however as you are not familiar with Argentina you would not be in a position to help expats dealing with issues that are unique to living in Argentina.

I think there would be limited demand however as you are not familiar with Argentina you would not be in a position to help expats dealing with issues that are unique to living in Argentina.
I lived in Argentina for two years before, know the culture, and speak the language. So I'd just be returning. Also, while I'm sure that there are some issues unique to and associated with being an expat living in Argentina, most people have a lot of other factors going on in their lives that are likely larger contributors to whatever they're dealing with. An expat dealing with a divorce, for example, would likely have more issues stemming from the divorce than from just being an expat. The specializing in dealing with expats would, in larger part, be about having an English speaking also expat therapist that they can see in person.

Last edited:
Back