Any Idea Where To Get Cargo Approved Pet Crates?

Bellakentuky

Registered
We are flying from EZE to Miami in February and I'm trying to locate pet carriers (small dogs) that are approved for shipping in the baggage compartment of the airplane. I know that somewhere in this country there must be a distributor of these. Any ideas? We live in Corrientes and I'm pretty sure nothing is in our area. We do have to go to Rosario in a couple of weeks. I was hoping someone might know of a place there. If not, BA would be our final option.

Thanks in advance.

Check in mercadolibre. I found this used one in Rosario and in BA they sell new ones . www.articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-444248504-jaula-transportadora-mediana-cumple-normas-iata-_JM

We bought ours from here http://www.cankunmascotas.com.ar/ and they were really good. I think they also sell via mercado libre so you might be able to get one shipped.
Don't forget that most airlines recently updated their pet travel requirements (making them a lot stricter). A lot of airlines have a size calculator on their website so that you can determine which size to buy. You'll also probably need a carrier that has screws holding together the top and the bottom half (the argentine made ones, which seem slightly better quality than the others, come with this already and the the main international brand, travel aire, can be adapted for use with screws). You're also no longer allowed a carrier that has a door in the roof...most brands come with this but if you let them know, they'll dig you out the brands that don't!

My wife and I just bought a carrier from cankun mascotas yesterday for our medium-sized dog. It was about 950 pesos, and it came with all of the requirements listed in Ashley's post above. The only problem I have now is actually getting my dog to enter it!

i found a pet shop on purreydon ( left side before getting to once) and not sure for the corner street, but way before once more the barrio norte area. they have all sizes and brands so far.
one can drill holes and screw with simple ferreteria screws, but lots of cable ties and attach on a bag on site of crate, with food and picture/name of dog. along need to go all papers in photocopy!
make sure the door is well latched and closed with cable ties when dropping the dog off.
its around 4-7C in the cargo compartment, this is very cold for a long time, make sure you have a good blankey for him inside the crate.

i bought mine months before traveling and had it in my apartment installed ( w/out the door) as their new home/house. put goodies into, fav blanky and toys... slowly they find their way into it. now they love it as their hideaway area.

good luck... its a nerv wrecking adventure...

Back