Any movie lovers out there?

Hi Richard

I am a big movie fan and i love to wathc a movie and talk it afterwards to see which impression left me and just change our opinions please let me know if you are interested l love cinema and i know a lot.

Cheers Fer. :)

Hi to all,
i have lots of CDs of "old" British and US movies (ranging from the 50s to the 70s, because I prepare the transcriptions. Some of them are awful, but some are great, so much so that i forget to write what they're saying because I'm too busy watching the movie. I just leave the CDs in my properties that I rent out, for the renters to use, but if anyone's interested I could put together a list of the titles...

Hey, Richard, good to see someone with similar interests as my own. During the Oscar nod ceremony yesterday, El Secreto de tus ojos from Argentina got a nod for best foreign film. Trouble is, it's up against The White Ribbon from Haneke, so good luck there. I worked under different roles in film but finally switched to animation, speaking of which, two animated movies were also nominated for best film. :)

I grew up and went to school near Hollywood (and Burbank). . . I go as often as logistics permit to see new ones and look for "good films" at the DVD shop here...but make no claims to being a cinophile (though I appreciate anyone with a passion that developed). I'd love any recommendations for films, especially Argentinian ones, new or DVD. I loved Ricardo Darin's latest pic El Secreto de Sus Ojos, enjoyed Hablame de la Lluvia, delighted in Un Novio para Mi Esposa. The film about deliquent adolesents in BA, "Pizza, Birra, y Faso," sent chills through me even as it touched me. . . cannot watch too much of that at once or will be gripped by feaqr on the streets. Btw, in honor of my film-making kin I watch all the credits roll and avoid pirated films.

Hi everyone,

Films are one of my passions and I tend to lean towards "art films". I believe there is a good offer of movies in BA, despite the fact that it takes some time for the latest films to make it here. Judging by the answers, there seems to be a number of people among us who enjoy the Seventh Art. Maybe we could form a film group? Meet to go to movies and then discuss them?

All the best,

Dario

well, not so long time ago we screened The Devils by Ken Russels, Adoration by Atom Egoyan...Passolini, Mikael Haneke, Agnes Varda..
It this rings you a bell..I put yoy on our list
Chris

Chris,

I am new to BAEXPATS, so I was not aware of your screenings. Please add me to your list.

Thank you so much,

Dario

CoachGayle said:
Btw, in honor of my film-making kin I watch all the credits roll and avoid pirated films.

40228_piratemoviechart.jpg

Back