Any-one up for horse riding lessons?

Chilechicken

Registered
I am a 32 year old British girl who wants to learn horse riding (did a little bit when I was younger) now want to take it up again as I am living in Argentina....when in Rome and all that! Have been living here for about 5 months now so would be good to meet some girl friends to share this with.
I think this place seems quite organised and they can sort lessons when convenient-think they charge around 40 pesos for initial diagnosis then they decide which level you are at-- depending on how many we get to commit- we could organise our own group lesson which could bring down cost or join another group lesson. Happy to hear other suggestions!
Club Hípico de Buenos Aires - http://www.escuelahipocampo.org
Dirección: Av. Figueroa Alcorta 4700 - (1425) Bs.As.
Tel: 4777- 8777 / 4778-1982 / 4777-1222

Hope to hear from you!

Hi there ChileChicken (sounds lucious!! mmmmnn...)
I´m not into riding (horses) but I´ve always heard good comments on the Club Alemán de Equitación at Av. Dorrego 4045.
Check them out here:
http://www.cae-hipico.com/escuela.html
Their phones are: (011) 4772-6289 / (011) 4773-0885
They say they cater to multi-lingual riders.
Speaking of languages, and multi-cultures, check out my other post on the European Club conversation groups at:
phpwsbb~PHPWSBB_MAN_OP~view~PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS~2609.html

Hi There,

Yes I love horse riding and will be in BA for the next six months.

Let me know how you get on with these places.

Chilchicken, I would be very interested. I am an Expat from the US living in BA now. I too rode as a child and have lessons on my to do list while here.pheobo12 at yahoo.com- Daniel

Hi,
Except for one short ride in Bariloche, I don't have any experience in horse riding, but would like to learn.
Any details on the scheduales and prices? Can we have different levels in the same group?

I've done zero research on this, and haven't called anywhere. I have not clue what it would cost.

I do this for a semi-living so hopefully I can shed some light on this.
CHA (Club Hipico Argentino) is the most expensive club in Arg. You not only have the cost of the lessons but after 3 months, you must join the club (apply & be approved). There are monthly dues on top of the lesson costs. It's beautiful there but expensive. That 40 peso is only for the intro, I believe there regular lesson cost is 75 pesos.
Club Aleman & Club Buenos Aires are substantially cheaper however I'm not sure how many bi-lingual instructors there are if you need lessons in English. Also I know with Aleman, you must join also - not sure about the other but probably.
I have a good friend who is fluent in English/Spanish (Arg but raised in NY) & I would reccomend her. She is substantially cheaper & teaches out of a private barn. She is however in Pilar so you would need to arrange a way to get there (there is a private shuttle bus & then she may be able to pick you up). I have sent several people over from the US to her & all have really enjoyed the experience.
Please send me a note if I can be of help.
Cheers

Back