Any place for the summer?

How do you get there from the airport, is it easy for someone who does not have a car?
There is a regular shuttle bus (aeroangostura) to the bus station and many local car rental companies deliver the car at the airport. The airport is about an hour away.

Well based on all the feed back here and talking with my wife/boss. I guess we are going to do long slow trip down the coast, all the way down, then up to Beralochi and them come back through the center of country stopping here and there one week at a time. Should be interesting. Thanks for all the posts.

Yea I am all in gotta get 2 wet suits and 3 new boards I am all in. Might not hit that but I am sure I will hit something.

Something like this. Wife is off the charts planning and she is so sweet she is looking for surf spots too.

somethinglikethat.PNG

That looks awesome, I want to go! To me, the east coast was not nearly as beautiful as the mountains going up Ruta 40. If you can go west to Calafate, and follow Ruta 40 north from there, I think that would be a great trip.

If you have time, go to Cueva de las Manos near the city of Perito Moreno. You have to drive on about 28km of ripio to get there, but it's a place not many people get to visit. Cave paintings 10,000 years old, very well preserved.

That looks awesome, I want to go! To me, the east coast was not nearly as beautiful as the mountains going up Ruta 40. If you can go west to Calafate, and follow Ruta 40 north from there, I think that would be a great trip.

If you have time, go to Cueva de las Manos near the city of Perito Moreno. You have to drive on about 28km of ripio to get there, but it's a place not many people get to visit. Cave paintings 10,000 years old, very well preserved.

We will take look at that thanks for the feed back. We have allot of planning to do. We are going to drive so maybe I will blog this with posts, videos etc. Interesting the wife has never done anything like this so she is very pumped. I think it will great experience and great for the marriage.

We lived in Punta Del Este for years and we thought about going there but I was thinking we now URU lets go know Argentina.

Another tip if you're renting a car - 2 out of 3 times I've rented a car for a road trip in Argentina, I ended up cracking the windshield (rocks thrown up by a car or truck). It ended up costing me about US $150 each time - much cheaper than it would have in the US. If you have an option to get some kind of insurance that would cover this (ask specifically about the windshield), I'd probably get it.

Back