Any place for the summer?

If you hope to paddle out in overhead surf, make sure you train by swimming regularly before your trip. Never imagined to see surf like that in Argentina.

Yea gotta train for that I grew up Southern California the ocean is my like second nature. But if your not tuned up and do not understand the environment of waves you can be in big trouble fast. Seen it with tourist in various places to many times.

Another tip if you're renting a car - 2 out of 3 times I've rented a car for a road trip in Argentina, I ended up cracking the windshield (rocks thrown up by a car or truck). It ended up costing me about US $150 each time - much cheaper than it would have in the US. If you have an option to get some kind of insurance that would cover this (ask specifically about the windshield), I'd probably get it.

Our Honda has about 60K KM on it I wonder if that is covered with our insurance I will ask the boss. But plan getting it tuned and checked A to Z before we go.

Chile yes Brazil no but thinking about Chile maybe next year wife kinda wants the Argentina tour she never really traveled much of the country. But I am sure Brazil would be nice on the coast.

Tandil, Buenos Aires Province.

Home of Salamines, and cool fresh breezes during the hot summer months. Not overrun with tourists like nearby coastal resorts.

Back