Any place open to eat Christmas day in Palermo?

pepper

Registered
Hi. Spending 2 months in B Aires. 2 more weeks to go. Loved it so far. Anyone know if there are places open Christmas day in the Palermo area to eat? Also what times will bars close on the 24th and when will they reopen?
Thanks.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your time in Buenos Aires! Many restaurants and bars in the Palermo area will likely be open on Christmas day, but it's always a good idea to check in advance as some may have special holiday hours. As for the bars on the 24th, they may close earlier than usual, and some may remain closed on Christmas day. It's best to check with specific establishments for their holiday hours to ensure you have accurate information.

make sure you arrange transportation ahead of time if you think you'll need it. There are no cabs on christmas or new years day when you need them the most.

On the 24th ( Xmas Eve ) some places will open but usually require reservation. On the 25th fewer places will be open for lunch with a few more opening up for dinner. Barrio Chino in Belgrano usually is open and many foreigners go there. Buses will run on a very reduced schedule. Cabs, etc will be difficult. Plan ahead and / or get supplies. On the 24th all stores close up around 6 pm the latest until they reopen on the 26th.

make sure you arrange transportation ahead of time if you think you'll need it. There are no cabs on christmas or new years day when you need them the most.
Cabs, UBER , etc. transportation on Xmas Eve/24th, after midnite IMPOSIBLE, have spent a few 24th's Eve. on a couch. I don't accept an invitation unless it's at walking distance,,,!

Cabs, UBER , etc. transportation on Xmas Eve/24th, after midnite IMPOSIBLE, have spent a few 24th's Eve. on a couch. I don't accept an invitation unless it's at walking distance,,,!
On noche buena, the streets are spookily empty. I don't even like walking late in the evening.

Back