Any problem bringing a large set of tattoo inks in my bags at EZE?

sdsurfista

Registered
They are for a very close friend, not personal use, so not sure what I should tell the customs people. Also, although it is not an issue in itself, I travel with quite a few electronics so they usually open my bags after they run them through the scanner. I am an American visiting with a tourist visa. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Perhaps this visit you'll get the green light to pass through the baggage check area (that is, if they're still giving a green light).

Last time I come in (January 2024) they weren't doing the green light lottery. Everyone went through customs scanners.

If you're bringing electronics, don't have them sealed up in the box looking brand new. For tattoo ink, I have no idea. Try to find the customs rules so you have some argument to say "nothing says these aren't allowed". They tried to hassle me once about protein powder and vitamins, and I said "I read the rules and these aren't prohibited", and they gave up.

Perhaps this visit you'll get the green light to pass through the baggage check area (that is, if they're still giving a green light).
I think it depends on how busy it is, or the day/time. I've came in twice recently, and they were doing it differently each time.

February 25th: Arrived around 10am, and it was really busy. Had the green light system, and they let me pass without putting my luggage through the scanners.

January 13th: Arrived around 6:30pm, and everyone put their luggage through the scanners.

Last edited:
Thanks Jason that is helpful. I normally enter the country at Aeroparque from Asuncion. I am often the only gringo on the small flight which arrives very early when customs is empty. They are delighted to single me out and do a full inspection of all my belongings lol. I have not entered at EZE in many years and did not even know the light system was a thing, but that makes me less worried.

what does a large set look like exactly? if you have multiple bags, could you spread them out a bit? maybe you could even carry a couple in your pocket, because i don't think you would even be inspected personally from what i recall.

We ended up getting two smaller kits. I will carry one on me personally. thanks

Back