Problem with exlandlord not releasing guarantee

NYCRover

Registered
I am looking for some advise as to where to submit a complaint about an ex-landlord. I rented an apartment from this person and a guarantee was required. Left the apartment over a year ago giving the necessary notification by carta documento. He continues to refuse to release the guarantee and has stated he will not reply to any of my emails. I have had significant health problems which have prevented me to take action, but I am now healthy enough to proceed with this problem. I am not sure which government agency to go to and/or how I can proceed. Any ideas on how I can proceed would be helpful. Thank you for any help you can provide.

What kind of contract did you have? Was the rental in the city? Why is he not releasing your guarantee and what was the guarantee specifically ( property ? ).

You can submit a variety of complaints to "defensa del consumidor". I am not sure if they can help you with this issue but I would definitely try with them and ask them to refer you in the right direction.
Defensa del Consumidor

You might want to contact the Camara Argentina de Propiedad Horizontal y Actividades Immobiliarias.
They're on Peru 570 Street in the neighborhood of San Telmo. Probably best to go there in person.

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    571.6 KB · Views: 1
What kind of contract did you have? Was the rental in the city? Why is he not releasing your guarantee and what was the guarantee specifically ( property ? ).
He only wanted to rent for a year and a half - but used a three year contract, When the year and a half came up I discovered that if I did not give three months notice I there would be a type of fine - so I sent a carta documento with the correct wording - gave the three months notice - and now he claims he can hold the guarantee until the end of the year - and he has refused to discuss the matter.

He only wanted to rent for a year and a half - but used a three year contract, When the year and a half came up I discovered that if I did not give three months notice I there would be a type of fine - so I sent a carta documento with the correct wording - gave the three months notice - and now he claims he can hold the guarantee until the end of the year - and he has refused to discuss the matter.
I still don't understand why are you talking about a guarantee, if it was cash you left instead of a traditional co-signer with real estate or salary receipts. The clause of giving notice a couple of months in advance is pretty standard, what is not standard ( and I don't know why you signed something that was not real ) is to write a contract for 3 years if you intend to write for a year an a half. I would talk to a lawyer. Why did you leave the apartment? Was it in good condition? What is the reason he gives for holding the deposit / guarantee? How many months is it worth?

I still don't understand why are you talking about a guarantee, if it was cash you left instead of a traditional co-signer with real estate or salary receipts. The clause of giving notice a couple of months in advance is pretty standard, what is not standard ( and I don't know why you signed something that was not real ) is to write a contract for 3 years if you intend to write for a year an a half. I would talk to a lawyer. Why did you leave the apartment? Was it in good condition? What is the reason he gives for holding the deposit / guarantee? How many months is it worth?
I am not sure why you are asking so many questions - but thank you for your concern. Other members have provided me what appears to be valuable information, and I will be using the information that I have received from other members of this group.

You can submit a variety of complaints to "defensa del consumidor". I am not sure if they can help you with this issue but I would definitely try with them and ask them to refer you in the right direction.
Defensa del Consumidor
Thank you the information - I did not think they did anything with rentors - but I will be checking it out next week

Back