Any recent information on opening bank accounts without DNI?

yamrit

Registered
Are there still any banks in Buenos Aires that do open US$ accounts for clients without DNI that are suitable for compliance payments for residency processing? Or is there any alternative way for transfers that are valid for immigration purposes regardless of cost efficiency?

It is possible to open, but you need to get a CDI first. It's similar to an ITIN in the USA
Banks reject customers even with CDI or CUIL, that is the problem. Branch Offices are restricted to the domicile address I was told but maybe that is not true from a legal point of view.

Banks reject customers even with CDI or CUIL, that is the problem. Branch Offices are restricted to the domicile address I was told but maybe that is not true from a legal point of view.
Each branch operates like their own fiefdom with their own policies. Some even want a certification of ingresos before they open the account. But if you shop around some there are branches that will open with only a passport and CDI with no residency status at all.

Each branch operates like their own fiefdom with their own policies. Some even want a certification of ingresos before they open the account. But if you shop around some there are branches that will open with only a passport and CDI with no residency status at all.
Do you have any recommendations?

Do you have any recommendations?
You can try the branches in Microcentro. They are more up to snuff and your chances are best there. Even at the same branch, two different employees will give you different answers. You just need to keep trying, but it is indeed possible to open bank accounts without being a legal resident.

Are there still any banks in Buenos Aires that do open US$ accounts for clients without DNI that are suitable for compliance payments for residency processing? Or is there any alternative way for transfers that are valid for immigration purposes regardless of cost efficiency?
I opened mine at Banco Galicia located at at 1349 Av. Luis Maria Campos with only my passport. No problem. The banker's name is Nicolás.

And I only made the initial deposit for residency since Migraciónes didn't issue the residency visa / DNI after that initial deposit. They reissue the precarias without asking for proof of any subsequent deposits. So, I have no more of an idea what Migraciónes are doing than they do.

The Russians in my building are in the same situation. As are other foreigners with whom I speak. Nobody knows what Migraciónes are doing, if anything. In two weeks I'll submit my initial paperwork for citizenship. Good luck.

I opened mine at Banco Galicia located at at 1349 Av. Luis Maria Campos with only my passport. No problem. The banker's name is Nicolás.

And I only made the initial deposit for residency since Migraciónes didn't issue the residency visa / DNI after that initial deposit. They reissue the precarias without asking for proof of any subsequent deposits. So, I have no more of an idea what Migraciónes are doing than they do.

The Russians in my building are in the same situation. As are other foreigners with whom I speak. Nobody knows what Migraciónes are doing, if anything. In two weeks I'll submit my initial paperwork for citizenship. Good luck.
I heard this a lot in recent times. It is unclear when Migraciones decides on actually rejecting an application and issue a deportation notification.

For what it's worth, I was told by an attorney who works within Migraciónes as well as by a Migraciones manager at Antártida that they won't deport people who are simply crosswise with the administrative process; people without a criminal history who meet the income requirements. We'll just be continually consigned to their mindless Kafka(esque) trámite Hell.

I also understand that once in the process of applying for citizenship, Migraciónes can't deport you. But as others have posted here, Migraciónes seems to make up the rules of the game on a daily basis.

If push came to shove, I would let an attorney fight with them. And if worst came to worst, I would be more than happy to return to the tropical mountains of Colombia surrounded by friends and by natural beauty.

I hope that things work out for you.

Back