Any recommendation for dine-in sushi?

Traveler

Registered
I seldom go to a restaurant based on "customer reviews" but do value suggestions from contacts. Does anyone have an opinion/recommendation on a sushi restaurant in Buenos Aires? Your response is appreciated.

Kuda Omakase in Palermo - excellent for Bs As and expensive.- 30,000 pesos for a complete omikase feast

If you have had good sushi , you will be disappointed no matter where you go in Buenos Aires. There is little variety. All the salmon is farmed. And its very hard to find anything without creme cheese in it. And the rice is never right.

Assuming you are asking for more traditional sushi (i.e. not Nikkei fusion).

Kuda Omakase was good but they are closed now to reformat their menu. We hear it was going to be more like Izayaka bar food...it should be good.

Buri Omakase is more expensive than Kuda but it's our go to for a good meal.

Gokana is not bad for lunch but a few steps away from Buri for dinner.

We've also been to Yugo Omakase and Uni Omakase but Buri is better price to taste. However it's good.

Our more recent addition is Norimoto for handrolls. It does add up quickly though BUT they are open from lunch to dinner. So at least you can eat before 8 if you like.

We are not a bit fan of Nare but people like it.

I do agree there are LOTS of salmon when you do take out but these omakase places does a really good job of working with what they have. They often age the fish to give it more flavor and will use different local and farmed fish.

We have had mackeral, bonito, trout, salmon, tuna, shrimp, sea bream, liza, blue fish, etc....so you can find it here. You just have to look for it and be ok with paying a premium. That said, we eat ALOT of salmon and request....sin queso.

Whatever Kuda does will be good. We were only there on a couple of their super ramen dinner nights- very good, and elegant. And their little window across the street does ramen kits to go which are great. When they open again, we will be going.

Whatever Kuda does will be good. We were only there on a couple of their super ramen dinner nights- very good, and elegant. And their little window across the street does ramen kits to go which are great. When they open again, we will be going.
The people doing the ramen from there was Nem; they used Kuda as a pop-up once a week. Kuda was the best price/taste I think. I hope whatever their next thing is still has some portion of sushi. Like Social Izikaya, a mix of bar food and sushi (social's sushi isn't good but the bar food is).

La Mar. Peruvian Japanese. Not cheap for Argentina but good food, good ambiance. Reservation needed. We’ve spent 22k for 3 people. Didn’t eat a lot but were full once we were done. Ceviches and sushi.

Back