Any traductores publicos to recommend?

Liam John

Registered
Dear all,

I'm sure many of you will have used translators here in BA. Can anyone recommend any to me? I'm looking for the cheapest I can get. I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Liam

As Sleslie23 said, If you would like the translator I use you can PM me and I am happy to pass on her details to you.

Thanks very much. I'm having trouble sending a PM though - says I can't access the page. It might be because I've just joined. I'll try again later

It's not worth hunting for the cheapest rates since they all are obligated to charge the same amount, which isn't much. I paid 180 pesos per document, no matter how long it is.

I could recommend my translator in Balvanera, but if you're in another neighborhood it's best to check the list of certified public translators online and find one in your area. You have to drop off and pick up the documents and pay for the translation. Then it's a matter of having the translation certified on Corrientes near Callao.

jantango said:
It's not worth hunting for the cheapest rates since they all are obligated to charge the same amount, which isn't much. I paid 180 pesos per document, no matter how long it is.

I could recommend my translator in Balvanera, but if you're in another neighborhood it's best to check the list of certified public translators online and find one in your area. You have to drop off and pick up the documents and pay for the translation. Then it's a matter of having the translation certified on Corrientes near Callao.

Just to clarify, 180 pesos would be the minimum charge per document. The pricing is based on both the type of document and length, per "foja" which is the equivalent of 500 words.

jantango said:

Thiis great advice. When I lived in Recoleta I went to the website and found a translator within walking distance and I did the same after I moved to Nunez. It was really easy to make a few phone calls and not difficult to speak with the translators by phone...especially since they spoke English.

In both cases I used the first tanslator who answered their phone the first time I called. They both had the translations certified (legalized) for me.

Hi my partner is a legalised translator and has a fast turnaround you can contact him on [email protected] he translates a lot of documents for the expat community. Please message him with your requirements. His name is Damian Gomez Mudanó.

Guys I in a couple of days I am going to need to get a couple of spanish documents translated for a visa application for my girlfriend: certificado de antecedentes / police clearance, certificado de nacimiento / birth certificate (certified and translated) plus a couple of letters in spanish (certified and translated). I understand for the translations we will need to source a traductor publico but my questions arose from searching this thread but I have a couple of questions:
- the documents are generally certified and then translated in that order arent they?
- is the translation by a traductor público sufficient? because i see in this thread that jantango mentioned the documents still need to be certified at corrientes near callao (which from my understand would refer to el colegio de traductores públicos de la ciudad de BsAs).

Thanks in advance

It's actually the reverse. Once the documents have been translated, they must be certified by the colegio de traductores. It has the name of the translator, etc. included as part of the translation as well as stamped on each page of the original and translation.

Once you have that, you can do the certification yourself, though I had the translator do it for a minimal fee (I think around 20 pesos). The certification was around 40 pesos (don't quote me on that).

The translation itself is kind of expensive. My mail isn't working right now, but when it comes back to life, I'll send you a link to the pricing scheme provided by the colegio de traductores.

Back