Any traductores publicos to recommend?

S leslie thats great, thanks. So that means for the docs I have to send certified copies of (ie certificado de nacimiento) I have to do the following:
- firstly go to an escribano and get the copy certified
- find a traductor público and get it translated
- get the translation "certified" at el colegio de traductores

I hate tramites haha...

What a coincidence. :) I was wondering the same thing. Can you use certified copies? I would rather not leave documents that took me months to get with a translator I don't know.

Passport needs to be translated as well, no?

Trennod -- I recommend Lucila Norry. I've used her services for two different projects, and she's extremely reliable and efficient. You just provide her what you need translated, and she'll do all the rest. Her email: legenglish [at] gmail.com

S leslie thats great, thanks. So that means for the docs I have to send certified copies of (ie certificado de nacimiento) I have to do the following:
- firstly go to an escribano and get the copy certified
- find a traductor público and get it translated
- get the translation "certified" at el colegio de traductores

I hate tramites haha...

Not sure about step 1. I have only dealt with apostilized docs coming from the US, in which case I went directly to 2 then 3. But that sounds right, because the translator actually translates all of the stamps and seals that appear on the docs.

Trennod -- I recommend Lucila Norry. I've used her services for two different projects, and she's extremely reliable and efficient. You just provide her what you need translated, and she'll do all the rest. Her email: legenglish [at] gmail.com

Thanks Bradly. Do you know where she is? I would prefer someone as close to Palermo as possible!

Here is a link to the pricing for translation recommended by the Colegio de Traductores Publicos:

http://www.traductores.org.ar/nuevo_org/home/default/?id_ruta=&nivel2=&nivel3=&id_nota=1680&valor_pos=

Thanks Bradly. Do you know where she is? I would prefer someone as close to Palermo as possible!

To be honest, I'm not sure. I know she lives in Capital. We had several meetings, and they were always at locations convenient for me.

Just wanted to say make sure that you are clear on how much they charge per page otherwise there can be a misinterpretation on the total price!

Back