Anybody else notice coffee recently not tasting good?

If you live in CABA there are many options. I buy from Cuervo and it's okay. There are several other options.
What's Cuervo? We are in La Plata and I've already bought and tried most of the coffees my grocer stocks. They were very bad.

check out modo barista beans on ML. I thought they were good quality.

So much good coffee if you buy from a small place that knows what they are doing. My two favorite places are Lattente and Buga. I think they both sell beans.

Come to Villa la Angostura and go to Todo. Buy the Colombian coffee, but not to much, I don’t want to run out of it again. You can’t get it from Mercado libre. The torrado stuff is vile. You have to dilute it 50% to be able to drink it.

La Morenita isn't bad. It's torrado, but still decent somehow.
I was buying bags of coffee at the local Starbucks, but the last quarter-kilo cost me 2400 pesos, and I felt that was bit much. I mean, it's not really even very good.

In Das Boot, when the protagonist complains about the coffee tasting bad, one of the officers tells him to go clean his teeth.

Cheap beans that can't be sold are roasted with sugar until they're burnt. This also helps increase the weight thst is lost during the roasting process. Then they're ground and sold as coffee. The bag of coffee youre buying could contain a bunch of sugar.

Basically illegal in most of the world yet somehow legal in argentina.
Coffe roasted with sugar is not only legal in argentina, it is very popular.
The taste is awful, to say something nice bout it.

Look for Nescafé classic or pure Dia brand coffee crystals. They’re 100% Brazilian coffee and quite inexpensive.

Nespresso/Starbucks co branded capsules are available for sale at Disco supermarkets. Of course there is a Nespresso store at Alto Palermo mall and another Nespresso store on the corner of Montevideo and Quintana that have the full selection of Nespresso capsules. Nespresso's Argentina website also has capsules available for order/delivery and the machines on said website are about that same in USD (at blue rate) as they are priced in the USA.
Not the cheapest option for sure but at least to my palate it is good coffee.

La Morenita isn't bad. It's torrado, but still decent somehow.
I was buying bags of coffee at the local Starbucks, but the last quarter-kilo cost me 2400 pesos, and I felt that was bit much. I mean, it's not really even very good.

In Das Boot, when the protagonist complains about the coffee tasting bad, one of the officers tells him to go clean his teeth.

try the coffee from "Coffee Town", I think they still have a small shop in the "San Telmo" market (https://coffeetowncompany.com/)

Back