Anybody trying to fly out to get vaccinated and then return?

nikad

Registered
I am more or less aware of current intl travel restrictions, but given the fact that my direct relatives fall within the groups that will get vaccinated, and myself will get vaccinated tomorrow ( healthcare worker ), I would really feel more at ease if my DH could get vaccinated too. He is an American expat with perm residency for many years, owns property, we have a child attending school here, etc. Anybody on the same boat? Our biggest fear is that with him not being an Arg citizen, he could be refused entry at EZE ( and that would be a huge mess ). Ideally he would get the Johnson's shot ( single dose ) and return. As you can see, not even us Args know for sure what is going on at the airport, etc. :(

I am more or less aware of current intl travel restrictions, but given the fact that my direct relatives fall within the groups that will get vaccinated, and myself will get vaccinated tomorrow ( healthcare worker ), I would really feel more at ease if my DH could get vaccinated too. He is an American expat with perm residency for many years, owns property, we have a child attending school here, etc. Anybody on the same boat? Our biggest fear is that with him not being an Arg citizen, he could be refused entry at EZE ( and that would be a huge mess ). Ideally he would get the Johnson's shot ( single dose ) and return. As you can see, not even us Args know for sure what is going on at the airport, etc. :(
If he is a permanent resident then there aren't any issues entering. As for the vaccine I don't believe he has any chance getting it in Argentina given he is not in the high priority group. If you and your family are vaccinated I wouldn't worry about him unless he is high risk in which case as you suggested he goes to the USA to get it and returns.

PR is a second class citizenship without political rights. He should not have any issue to get vaccined. If you live in Bs As better because Larreta might disagree with me and the NC.

yeah if he's a resident he should be able to enter without issue, AFAIK.

he will have to deal with all the quarantine stuff though upon return.

I agree with the other replies: that there shouldn't be any problem. But we all know that sometimes officials overlook stuff and sometimes they try to enforce totally the wrong thing. And it is not just Argentina: this report is about a recent incident in Spain where the British citizens in question had right of residence but were refused entry anyway.

I would say do it - but have somebody heavyweight on speed dial at both ends of the connection

I'll be going to New York in May and coming back vaccinated after a month - reentering the country using the family reunification policy which does not require a visa, but a pareja registrada, notarized and apostilled in argentina

I entered about 3 weeks ago as a permanent resident, with no problem. When I filled out the ddjj form, I initially used my U.S. passport number and got to a form requiring me to prove health insurance. When I went back and changed to entering with my DNI, things went perfectly, with no insurance requirement. If he is a permanent resident with a DNI, he can legally get in.

I entered about 3 weeks ago as a permanent resident, with no problem.

Did you have to provide any proof of being married or having kids here or anything like that? The US embassy site says they're requiring some kind of proof of immediate family in Argentina (Spouse, kids, etc.)

Not if you have permanent residency. I don't know if you have temporary residency. I gather that you need need proof of connection/family only if you don't have residency.

I’ve arranged travel for several clients who went for the express purpose of vaccination.

If you’re related to an Argentine you can fly no problem even if not a PR*. (With one important caveat - see below). If you’re a PR you can fly, case closed.

*The only issue with traveling as a relative is that the relationship must be documented in a manner acceptable to Argentine authorities. If you married an Argentine in Argentina, you’re home. Same if you had a child born here.

But if, say, you married an Argentine abroad, or you are Argentine but have kids born abroad, the marriage certificate, birth certificate and whatnot must be apostilled, or legalized by an Argentine consulate. Otherwise, the document has no value here.

Back