Anybody trying to fly out to get vaccinated and then return?

Totally worth it IMO to come to the States for the vaccination. After a disastrous Covid year, the vaccination system is totally working. Nearly everyone I know in the US has gotten at least one shot (go for the dual shot if you can take the time...Pfizer is quicker of course, three weeks instead of four). Everyone 16+ is eligible starting next week, and appointments are available. It’s nice to feel some hope again and see that the system is actually working.

Totally worth it IMO to come to the States for the vaccination. After a disastrous Covid year, the vaccination system is totally working. Nearly everyone I know in the US has gotten at least one shot (go for the dual shot if you can take the time...Pfizer is quicker of course, three weeks instead of four). Everyone 16+ is eligible starting next week, and appointments are available. It’s nice to feel some hope again and see that the system is actually working.
I have a friend in Colorado getting the 1 pump Johnson shot - he told me pretty much anyone can get it there now - a rare situation where 1 pump is better than 2.

Any information on the adviseability of leaving after one dose of Sputnik and getting complete/two-doses of Pfizer or other vaccine?

Any information on the adviseability of leaving after one dose of Sputnik and getting complete/two-doses of Pfizer or other vaccine?
I have read that France is offering people under 60 that took Oxford-Astrazeneca first do, a second dose of Pfizer/Moderna. It is the only case of combined doses that I have heard of as of today. If you already got SPutnik V, it theory you should be getting the mild form of Covid-19 if you happened to get infected.

I have read that France is offering people under 60 that took Oxford-Astrazeneca first do, a second dose of Pfizer/Moderna. It is the only case of combined doses that I have heard of as of today. If you already got SPutnik V, it theory you should be getting the mild form of Covid-19 if you happened to get infected.

I'm deciding on whether to get the first dose of Sputnik while waiting for EZE to open. Mixing ie: getting a second dose of another vaccine is not recomended, but what I am considering is getting first and second doses of another vaccine after first dose of Sputnik. So far I can't find any information on whether this is safe. But I need to decide soon.

I'm deciding on whether to get the first dose of Sputnik while waiting for EZE to open. Mixing ie: getting a second dose of another vaccine is not recomended, but what I am considering is getting first and second doses of another vaccine after first dose of Sputnik. So far I can't find any information on whether this is safe. But I need to decide soon.
Bare in mind that no vaccine has an impact in your immune system until after 15-21 days ( and the % of immunity that you get after a first dose is very very very modest ) I can't remember when is it that you are travelling. Not sure about your age, existing conditions, etc though.

I had to cancel two sets of flights. American gave me credits to use within 1 year. United put a refund on my credit card.

It looks like you are on your way to enlightenment. Don't mix the vaccines if possible.
I'm deciding on whether to get the first dose of Sputnik while waiting for EZE to open.
I keep thinking, who in their right mind would buy a car or tv made in Russia no less a vaccine?
I have more faith in Russian technology. When Putin uses a Russian poison against an opponent its closer to 99% effective.
We're there supposed to be trials first?
Fortunately we happen to have a lot of doses of Sputnik that nobody wants.

It looks like you are on your way to enlightenment. Don't mix the vaccines.

The researchers we spoke to in the US advised me to get the first vaccination of Sputnik to give me some protection until I can leave and get both doses of Pfizer or Astra.

The researchers we spoke to in the US advised me to get the first vaccination of Sputnik to give me some protection until I can leave and get both doses of Pfizer or Astra.

Can you even sign up for getting the first dose of Sputnik V here?
Are you planning to wait here for your flight for less than three weeks?

Back