Anybody trying to fly out to get vaccinated and then return?

Can you even sign up for getting the first dose of Sputnik V here?
Are you planning to wait here for your flight for less than three weeks?

Because of my age, I'm in a priority group for the first dose of Sputnik.
I probably cant get a flight out for at least 3 weeks during which time I'll be isolated, hopefully developing some immunity from Sputnik.
I see flights sooner but I am suspicious that anything before the end of the month is likely not a real flight. Who knows.

The researchers we spoke to in the US advised me to get the first vaccination of Sputnik to give me some protection until I can leave and get both doses of Pfizer or Astra.
Why not I guess - its a personal choice. If the medical professionals are saying its fine then go for that... What can go wrong?

Someone I know personally, tested positive ( rapid Antigen) at EZE on arrival after taking first shot of the vaccine in Miami, 2 days before arrival EZE.

Was sent to a Soddy hotel in Microcentro for a 14 day stay and awaiting PCR test results which are taking 3-5 days in govt facilities.

Lesson here - Do not return immediately to EZE after taking the vaccine shot as antibodies will be running rampant and producing the virus in your body after the vaccine.

Someone I know personally, tested positive ( rapid Antigen) at EZE on arrival after taking first shot of the vaccine in Miami, 2 days before arrival EZE.

Was sent to a Soddy hotel in Microcentro for a 14 day stay and awaiting PCR test results which are taking 3-5 days in govt facilities.

Lesson here - Do not return immediately to EZE after taking the vaccine shot as antibodies will be running rampant and producing the virus in your body after the vaccine.

I just want to provide a correction to what was written above. In general, the rapid “antigen test” (not “antibody”) in use for covid19 aim to detect the presence of a viral “nucleocapsid” antigen. They do not detect the “spike protein” antigen that the vaccines in use in the US cause your body to produce, nor do they detect the resulting protective antibodies. So the vaccination itself could not have caused a positive “antigen” test. Most likely the person contracted the virus during the trip, or with luck the PCR test will show the antigen test to have been a false positive.

I just want to provide a correction to what was written above. In general, the rapid “antigen test” (not “antibody”) in use for covid19 aim to detect the presence of a viral “nucleocapsid” antigen. They do not detect the “spike protein” antigen that the vaccines in use in the US cause your body to produce, nor do they detect the resulting protective antibodies. So the vaccination itself could not have caused a positive “antigen” test. Most likely the person contracted the virus during the trip, or with luck the PCR test will show the antigen test to have been a false positive.
This was my understanding: vaccines given in the US would not give positive on a PCR test.

My worst nightmare is a false positive at EZE - sorry but I don't trust them to organise a chicken sale let alone perform a medical diagnostic using a method not really proven in less than ideal sanitary conditions.

I have seen that websites such as Despegar.com, Expedia.com and Orbitz.com are offering flights from BA to NY, with a stop in San Pablo, at incredibly low prices. Does any body know anything about these flights? Was not travel to SP banned?

My worst nightmare is a false positive at EZE - sorry but I don't trust them to organise a chicken sale let alone perform a medical diagnostic using a method not really proven in less than ideal sanitary conditions.
I know people getting a positive via rapid antigen at Ezeiza after getting a negative with PCR in USA. So, if you get a positive, you are sent to a hotel inn microcentro..and then you do a PCR test. The result is announced in 3-4 working days. If its positive, you stay in hotel, till they determine if its the new strain of the virus..which takes another 3-4 work days. If its the common strain, you get to do remaining time at your home. If its the new strain, you stay at this hotel till you are full cured.

Back