anyone been to Chascomus?

Jcyordenana

Registered
thinking about taking a weekend trip, probably too late for semana santa, but maybe in the future.
experience, anyone?

We stopped there for lunch on our way from Mar Del Plata to BA and had a very nice fresh fish lunch at the lake. It looked like a town we want to return to and explore.

Yes, it's nice. A classic town. You can take the train from Constitucion. Go in Pullman only.

Chascomús is nice. Take some carbón with you, buy some asado in Chascomús itself (much better than in BA) and drive around the laguna. There are plenty of parrillas directly at the laguna shore, great for a lazy day out.
You can catch some pejerreyes or tarariras, depending on the season.

The museum in Chascomús is also interesting.

We spent a very relaxing weekend there right around this time last year. We took our bikes and rode around the lake. Atalaya is famous for their medialunas. If you tell an Argentine you went to Chascomus and didn't eat Atalaya medialunas they might act offended. Lots of camping sites around the lake as well.

I liked it a lot... driving or walking around the town center is nice, and the lagoon is a beautiful spot for lunch if the weather is good. Definitely a good idea for at least a full day or an overnight! :D

Yes chascomus is nice. The cheapest way to get there is with Ricchieri (as Richard mentioned : you have to book your seat up front), but then there you don't have a car to drive around the lake as Amargo says.

Although it is really nice it is a step back into civilization. Which is probably why people are so nice :roll eyes: You see cars that you can't imagine can still drive, you see complete families on (1) motorcycle etc.

I think in 2 weeks there will be a fiesta criollo which will probably be interesting.

We go there quite often, and I love it.

check out my blog =

capilla de los negros

Jeneteada

Atalaya

The fiesta criolla is actually a fair of caballos criollos. There will be gauchos for sure and great asado. Here the programm

Back