Anyone been to Medellin, Colombia?

HeyBA

Registered
Thinking of visiting Medellin, anyone have any suggestions?

Also, how does Medellin compare for living to BA?

Yahoo Groups has a listing "ColombiaExperts. They've had administrative problems and recent activity is nonexistent but past postings are available to view to afford you a flavor of what concerns expats in Colombia.

Even more info can be found at this now closed website:

http://poorbuthappy.com/colombia/

I highly recommended visiting Medellin. Fantastic weather, food, and people. The nightlife in El Poblado is so much fun. If you decide to venture out there, go during the weekend and Guatapé for a few days during the weekdays. Try some frijoles, of course. PM me if you have any questions.

Has anyone lived there, in Medellin, or know someone that has or does?

Yeah, me

A clean, modern, ordered, organized city. Friendly folks. Hot women

Not as good nightlife as in BAires though

i stayed 2 months there in 2010, not long enough to be certain about many things but long enough to know the urban transport is excellent, life is much cheaper than here, Antioqueños are very friendly, the city is full of Dieteticas and healthy places to eat and health system is ok. I had "chinches" (bedbugs) in the hostel where and had to go to Clinica Americas where I was helped.
Females are extremely beautiful there, much less complicated than here.
I felt much safer than Cali on streets.
The minus: the connections with the rest of the country, you've to fly every time you want to go to Bogota or suffer a 9 hours trip with the bus.

Back