Anyone done a visa 22 A permanente?

Fiscal

Registered
The Argentinian consulate in Lima sent me some instructions (need to go back to Radex) and said it would take about a week to get one. Any pros/cons versus what I was originally doing (application on Radex for permanent residency while in Argentina)?

It’s a lot more expensive.
Other than that there are none I think it’s what you should have been doing in the first place to be honest.
I was in more or less the same situation as you earlier this year.
You won’t get DNI immediately, you have to get that in Argentina but gets you in and out of the country for 12months until you can get a turno with RENAPER.

The Argentinian consulate in Lima sent me some instructions (need to go back to Radex) and said it would take about a week to get one. Any pros/cons versus what I was originally doing (application on Radex for permanent residency while in Argentina)?
I too am wondering about pros/cons to applying for permanent residency through a consulate vs. through Radex while in Argentina. @Fiscal what did your experience prove to be? I know @Ronnie Hotdogs you also have talked about your experience here and in other threads. Thank you.

Does either way impact the timeframe or steps for getting the DNI? Or is the difference on the front end in the steps (and cost of fees) for applying for the residency either through the consulate or in Argentina via Radex?

Getting a turno for DNI I found to be impossible to do myself.

You have to get a turno for ‘DNI por acto consular’ which you attend at migraciones on Av Antártica. Unfortunately unless you know the name and mail of the woman who gives out turnos it seems no one else down at migraciones knows what to do,
I personally visited migraciones as well as the normal offices for Renaper, phoned several different agencies and used the ‘canal único de contacto’ for migraciones several times and no one managed to get me a turno.

In the end my 12 months visa ran out and I needed to pay a lawyer to get me an appointment, after that was very straightforward,

Oh wow. That is all far too complicated. Our residence in Argentina is not in CABA, but way out in BA province on the coast. I wonder if the 'DNI por acto consular' can be done at one of the Delegaciones de Migraciones, and whether it would be any less or more complex.

Is this somehow different than getting a turn for a DNI with temp residency? It literally couldn't have been easier for me. Before I even had my visa I went online and scheduled an appointment for first time DNI. The appointment was straight forward and my DNI came in the mail a week later.

Is this somehow different than getting a turn for a DNI with temp residency? It literally couldn't have been easier for me. Before I even had my visa I went online and scheduled an appointment for first time DNI. The appointment was straight forward and my DNI came in the mail a week later.
Apparently yes

Back