Anyone From East Coast!

Hey!

25 from Charlotte, NC! I'm living in Palermo- let me know if you want to meet up!

From NY......would love to fall in if you guys meet up!

56 year old female from Philadelphia and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

I'm from NYC - always happy to meet up for a drink or dinner:)

I'm not from the East Coast and I find that I can't turn around without running into English speakers. They're EVERYWHERE!

Tonight, after dinner, my group stopped into an "Artesanal" Heladeria. There were 6 customers and FIVE guys working behind the counter. The table of 4 customers in their 30s consisted of Americans who live here and were blabbing on about whatever. (This was Palermo, pero bueno.)

Say "Excuse me" and then start speaking English. We're everywhere.

What different experiences we all have around here.

I live in Palermo Nuevo, and being car-less, shop and frequent restaurants and cafes almost exclusively in this barrio, with an occasional adventure to CarreFour in Alcorta. I almost never see anyone I would recognize from dress, actions, or language as a tourist. The first, and still only, restaurant where I've found one English-understanding waitress was the new Francisco on Sinclair. Because I speak Spanish at about the samve level as a 2-year-old, I always try to default to English after getting through the polite phrases I know. It is so rare than anyone understands much of what I'm trying to say, well, except for a young clerk in a pet food shop who lived one year America, and the aforementioned waitress, I can't remember another occasion. This is not a complaint, by the way; if I had wanted to understand everything being said around me, I could have stayed in the States.

Back