Anyone Had A Credit Card Couriered From Abroad Recently?

Several years ago, I had a credit card sent from my bank in Prague here via some courrier company DHL or FEd EX when it got here I had to pay import tax on imported plastic !I KID YOU NOT although I tried to justify the fact that it was a few grams of plastic with my embossed name which had NO COMMERCIAL VALUE I was told if I didnt pay upon delivery, it would be either sent back or left in customs! I WAS FURIOUS! and I am Argentine so there was no language misunderstanding! THIS WAS THE LAST TIME I EVER HAD ANYTHING OTHER THAN A LETTER SENT FROM ABROAD!!!!!!! TOTALLY RIDICULOUS AND PATHETIC!

Its a tricky one. I had a international driving licence and 2 credit cards sent over from the UK in a tracked brown envelope last year and they never arrived. I did ask the bank before they sent them to block the accounts until I said so, then I was covered if someone stole them on route. When after 6 weeks nothing arrive i ordered replacements. We then had some clothes sent over in a tracked parcel and I asked my parents to put the replacement cards/license in some trainers we had bought for the kids. That arrived , no problem.

Something that always arrives for me is cd/dvd cardboard envelopes. I often ask to be sent PS3 games or Blurays from the UK i`ve ordered without the plastic box, I must have been sent 20-30 of them, just normal post. costs about £2. They have all arrived within 3-4 weeks to my door, no need to goto the correo,etc. I actually received 3 small packages in the last month for various birthdays cards , in small jiffy bags,etc all arrive to the front door. Taking about 4 weeks since posting.
I`m asking my parents to see how many Tetleys teabags they can get in a cardboard envelope, desperate times ;-)

Had a debit card sent from Miami to BA. Bank posted it in a plain white envelope, arrived in 2 to 3 weeks. No issue, normal post.

If someone is posting it for you, tell them to put it in a plain white envelope , maybe inside something like a birthday card. I have never had a problem getting documents sent via Fed Ex from Ireland.

"birthday card" or any greeting card envelope is a very bad idea. Postal employees (on both sides) are known to open these looking for cash.

Need to do this from the UK and a little aprehensive with the new laws concerning packages. It seems that there is a pile up of packages at Ezeiza right now, so I don't want to get caught up in that mess with a credit card.

Also would anyone recommend a specific courier for eficiency and cost.

Thanks for any comments and advice.

Just received my Debit Card from the US. Had the bank send it priority mail so it arrived via FedEx and I picked it up at a location in BsAs.

I have never had a problem with this issue. Send regular mail. Perhaps do not have the cards activated until you receive them then make the appropriate phone call using Skype or other services which are often cheaper too. Should be easy enough for you too.

Several years ago, I had a credit card sent from my bank in Prague here via some courrier company DHL or FEd EX when it got here I had to pay import tax on imported plastic !I KID YOU NOT although I tried to justify the fact that it was a few grams of plastic with my embossed name which had NO COMMERCIAL VALUE I was told if I didnt pay upon delivery, it would be either sent back or left in customs! I WAS FURIOUS! and I am Argentine so there was no language misunderstanding! THIS WAS THE LAST TIME I EVER HAD ANYTHING OTHER THAN A LETTER SENT FROM ABROAD!!!!!!! TOTALLY RIDICULOUS AND PATHETIC!

WHAT?

He said:

Ejcot, it was a rethorical question. But that was funny. I can't believe it. You think you've seen it all and heard it all and then something like that.... better to have a replacement sent to Uruguay then... but it would require you to stay at a hotel and probably asking them to receive the package for you if it gets there before you.

I've had two cards sent to me via Fedex. Each arrived in one or two days to my apartment, with no interference.

Back