Anyone Had A Credit Card Couriered From Abroad Recently?

Markgeezer

Registered
Need to do this from the UK and a little aprehensive with the new laws concerning packages. It seems that there is a pile up of packages at Ezeiza right now, so I don't want to get caught up in that mess with a credit card.

Also would anyone recommend a specific courier for eficiency and cost.

Thanks for any comments and advice.

Had a debit card sent from Miami to BA. Bank posted it in a plain white envelope, arrived in 2 to 3 weeks. No issue, normal post.

If someone is posting it for you, tell them to put it in a plain white envelope , maybe inside something like a birthday card. I have never had a problem getting documents sent via Fed Ex from Ireland.

Had my new debit card sent to me via tracked Canada Post for my Canadian Bank account, came in 5 days, no issue, though it was opened because
private letters don't really matter here.

Just check to ensure if it has been opened that there are no random purchases made with it, if Correo/AFIP are willing to steal physical things
I wouldn't put it past them to steal these either.

It won't be opened if you have only a card inside it in a plain envelope. Better still if you don't have handwriting on the envelope (label printing?) , however if you send it in an envelope with games, cables and other assorted items you'd be running the gauntlet. Bit of common sense and you're home and dry. Handwritten packages = interesting, printed labels = boring, unlikely to contain stuff to steal.

My partner got one recently sent through fedex in a couple of weeks with no issues.

Couple of weeks... FEDEX??? From where? Was it held up in customs then, because documents should take 3-4 days by Fedex from Europe to Argentina. That likely means that there was an issue. Had it been opened by customs?

yeah, I'm not so sure I can trust Royal Mail... look what happened today

_73695802_lorry3.jpg

I was just wondering about this issue as well.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Back