Anyone have a good car to sell?

A new civic in Argentina is 6.6 million pesos.
A new chevy cruze or similar sized car is 3.2 pesos.
Obviously used car prices track new prices to a degree.
Hence the civics are more expensive used.
Civics tend to hold their value anywhere, my kid left me his ancient civic wagon when he moved to NYC a few years ago, and it sold in one day to the first person to look at it for 30%, at least, above what a lower mileage mazda or hyundai would have sold for.

We are in need of a city car, too. Nothing fancy, just to take us from point A to point B in the city and the outskirts. Maybe an occasional trip to Rosario or Mar del Plata. It will be parked on the street.
Any advice on how things work here to buy cars? Any chance to pay with money abroad?

I switched from VWs to Toyotas after I started getting tired of repair bills and paying for expensive parts that sometimes had to be shipped from abroad. In my experiences, whenever I had a car problem Toyotas were easy to get fixed anywhere, parts were cheap and readily available, and the problems were always minor. Took a few over 200k miles and they were still running like tops.

If Civics are a fancy import, what's the nationally made equivalent here for someone looking for something basic, reliable, and easy/cheap to maintain? Always wanted to get a Fiat, but I can't help remembering their bad reputation back in the day for always being in the shop - Fix it again, Tony.

I switched from VWs to Toyotas after I started getting tired of repair bills and paying for expensive parts that sometimes had to be shipped from abroad. In my experiences, whenever I had a car problem Toyotas were easy to get fixed anywhere, parts were cheap and readily available, and the problems were always minor. Took a few over 200k miles and they were still running like tops.

If Civics are a fancy import, what's the nationally made equivalent here for someone looking for something basic, reliable, and easy/cheap to maintain? Always wanted to get a Fiat, but I can't help remembering their bad reputation back in the day for always being in the shop - Fix it again, Tony.
The vw gol. The national auto of Arg. It's not made here but they're cheap, parts are available, and you can flip it easy when you leave.

Are Civics a fancy import? We passed a big Honda plant near Cardales recently.

I was just going by this comment from the last page, but I honestly have no idea. Maybe I took it literally when it wasn't meant to be?

"Here, a Civic is a large, expensive, imported car, with status."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ben Expat Life 5
nicoenarg Expat Life 0
J Services Offered 0
R Expat Life 4
E Expat Life 9
Back