Anyone Have Info On Living In Salta Or Misiones?

polostar88

Registered
I am looking for a getaway (several months at least) to a more exotic location in Argentina and I've been looking either at Salta or Misiones. If anyone has info on life there, in particular rental costs (which for me are always the biggest costs) I'd be grateful. For the record, I'm not looking for something luxurious, would like to know the basic rate for one person for something cheap. It's sometimes difficult to find lodging in a rural location though.

Also curious about life in general in these places. I hear Cafayate is quite nice.

I am looking for a getaway (several months at least) to a more exotic location in Argentina and I've been looking either at Salta or Misiones. If anyone has info on life there, in particular rental costs (which for me are always the biggest costs) I'd be grateful. For the record, I'm not looking for something luxurious, would like to know the basic rate for one person for something cheap. It's sometimes difficult to find lodging in a rural location though.

Also curious about life in general in these places. I hear Cafayate is quite nice.

I have visited Cafayate many times, though I've never lived there. I really like it, the wines are good, and there should be plenty of outdoor activities in the vicinity. More limited in its cultural resources, though it's only a few hours from Salta Capital.

I have visited Cafayate many times, though I've never lived there. I really like it, the wines are good, and there should be plenty of outdoor activities in the vicinity. More limited in its cultural resources, though it's only a few hours from Salta Capital.

Thanks. How do prices compare to Buenos Aires?

I live in Salta.

Rent is ARS $3500 for a nice 3 bedroom flat in Salta capital. (4 habitaciones + dining room + dependencia). That's for a 2-year contract though, and is probably more apartment than you're looking for. Food is roughly 15% less expensive on average than in CABA. Things like clothes and electronics are more expensive.

Cafayate is gorgeous but too rich for my blood.

Thanks. How do prices compare to Buenos Aires?

Again, never having lived there it's hard to say. The town itself is very walkable, but outlying attractions are more difficult to reach - there is no direct bus service to Cachi, for example. A car would be very useful. I personally would prefer Cafayate to Salta Capital (see Rooney's comments, though).

You could try looking on Numbeo.com.
It is a site that compares the "cost of living" in most cities around the world.
Hope it helps :)

I think Misiones is the MOST beatiful province.Not only due to the Iguazu falls, the place is subtropical, and looks like a Brazilian site. Plenty of fruits, beatiful girls, many descendants of Germans, Swiss, Danish and Poles. Plus is near Paraguay and Brazil, where you can buy imported stuff not available here. I would recommend El Dorado, Montecarlo, Oberá,etc.
I have relatives there.

I cannot help you in regards to costs of living , but I can tell you they eat dinner very late. Like 10 or 11 pm. They also take their siesta time very seriously. It is a beautiful area , especially Cafayate. Also , do not expect everything available in the Bs As to be in the interior. Prepare yourself to eat a lot of Locra. It is delicious.

Google alquiler temporario Posadas Misiones Rentals for studios are close to $2000 pesos and up! Mercado Libre is an option.

http://inmuebles.mercadolibre.com.ar/alquiler-temporario-en-posadas-misiones_PriceRange_1000-2000_159-AMBQTY_159-AMBQTY-1

I cannot help you in regards to costs of living , but I can tell you they eat dinner very late. Like 10 or 11 pm. They also take their siesta time very seriously. It is a beautiful area , especially Cafayate. Also , do not expect everything available in the Bs As to be in the interior. Prepare yourself to eat a lot of Locra. It is delicious.

I think you mean locro, which is primarily a winter dish.

Back