Anyone heard any over stay horror stories?

SilvioRodriguez

Registered
I don't care if they are true or not. I don't care if it's a rumour your best friends' dog's wife cousin told you

"Hit me with your best shot" as the song says. What is the longest overstay you have ever heard of and what were the consequences?

Ever met someone who overstayed 5 years ? Did they end up in a prison camp?

Rumours and innuendo welcome 🤗

I know someone who got stuck here because of the Covid quarantine, and he's still here. It's about four and a half years now. It's still a story without an ending, but I'll let you know what happens. But don't hold your breath. He's been threatening to leave for years now.

I'm guessing that, Covid or not, they were going to overstay anyway. Like many, many others I had to wait eight months before I could return home but thanks to the Argentine moratorium on visa expiry, when eventually I left it was without penalty. There were hundreds,maybe thousands of stories like mine- why was his different?

I'm guessing that, Covid or not, they were going to overstay anyway. Like many, many others I had to wait eight months before I could return home but thanks to the Argentine moratorium on visa expiry, when eventually I left it was without penalty. There were hundreds,maybe thousands of stories like mine- why was his different?
Only because he's still here, and has been here for almost five years. And that's what the OP is asking about.

I don't care if they are true or not. I don't care if it's a rumour your best friends' dog's wife cousin told you

"Hit me with your best shot" as the song says. What is the longest overstay you have ever heard of and what were the consequences?

Ever met someone who overstayed 5 years ? Did they end up in a prison camp?

Rumours and innuendo welcome 🤗
On page 20 of this thread maltesar1 mentions a five year ban on reentry that may have happened to someone else (a friend of a friend) following an overstay.

Post in thread 'Overstaying 90-day limit' https://baexpats.org/threads/overstaying-90-day-limit.39638/post-375990

Last edited:
Back