Anyone Here An American Notary?

tangueraintrepida

Registered
Is anyone on the forum a U.S. notary or know of anyone in BsAs that is? I have to renew my driver's license by mail and need to have one page notarized declaring that I don't have a license in another state, and I don't have any restrictions on my license.

To get the documents notarized by an Argentine notary, I have to pay for translation in addition to the notary fees, even if the notary is fluent in English. Was hoping to avoid that hassle.

I've looked through many old posts regarding notaries and can't find anyone specific other than maybe the embassy.

I have emailed the embassy to find out if they will notarize my particular document but have not heard back from them. According to their website they have many restrictions on what they will and will not notarize. I booked an appointment just in case, but they can't get me in until the end of the month. Was hoping to get this done sooner.

YOU NOTARIZE ANYTHING IN THE US CONSULATE.
THEY CHARGE A FEE. CALL AND FIND OUT

YOU NOTARIZE ANYTHING IN THE US CONSULATE.
THEY CHARGE A FEE. CALL AND FIND OUT

Yes, they do. It is $50 U.S. for their notary services which seems ridiculous, but so is having to translate a document into Spanish before getting it notarized by an Argentine notary. It's not the cost so much as the hassle I am annoyed with. I don't mind paying someone for their services. I am not looking for a freebie. ;)

but so is having to translate a document into Spanish before getting it notarized by an Argentine notary. It's not the cost so much as the hassle I am annoyed with.

You realize that Argentine notary is not recognized in the US, right? That's what Apostille system is for.

Plus I believe American notary can not operate overseas. He needs to be a "commissioner of deeds".

Bottom line: just go to the Consulate :).

You'll find that most U.S. notaries, at least those who have their notary power from a state (most common type) can only notarize within the bounds of that state. It sounds like the consulate is your best bet.

The U.S. embassy won't answer your emails. They take a long time to get back. You have get all documents for the U.S. notarized there. You can make an appointment on their webpage. I've had to have many things notarized at the U.S. embassy because no Argentine notary is valid or recognized in the U.S.

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/other-services.html

You'll find that most U.S. notaries, at least those who have their notary power from a state (most common type) can only notarize within the bounds of that state. It sounds like the consulate is your best bet.

This is correct. I used to be a Notary Public in Manhattan County for many years and I was a Corporate Secretary for 10 years as well. A notary verifies the signature of the signer. The purpose of the Apostille is for the clerk of the county you are a notary of to certify that the signature of the notary is correct and true. According to the Hague Convention in the 60's certain countries allowed the use of an Apostille on documents being filed with regulatory and governing bodies of certain countries rather than needing to obtain a consular certification.
The problem you might run into is that the DMV might require a Notary to be from the county you had your license in. If you do get a consular Notary it could be your best bet to avoid more hassel later on. Best of luck!!

Same as above looking for a US Notary in BA without dealing with the consulate.

I renewed my California drivers license online without having anything notorized.They did ask if I hAd an out of state license and I just Answered no.

Back