Anyone Here Ever Bought A Fideicomiso -- A New Apt. In Ba?

OK.. Thank you for all the advice.... yes a new building..... is sort of like gambling throwing the dice......

Tex... the building finished in 3 or 4 years!!!! .. that does scare me!!!

well thanks for the info..... cheers

That's if it's not a fideicomiso and it's a regular construction job. I would expect them to finish in 3 if they say 2 in the case where the builder has all the money already. In the case of a fideicomiso, if they say two, I would estimate at least 5 years.

An Argentine friend of mine bought into one of these I don't know how many years back. Every time we got together for coffee it was the same stressful story of this apartment and how they raised the payments every few months or so...more than the agreed and signed payment plan. They would basically say, "Well, if you can't pay, you can just sell the investment." She told me she had credit card debt because of it, that her mom had to help her out because the payments became more than she could handle, and so now whenever it eventually gets finished she and her Mom will own it together, which wasn't the initial plan. I agree that they are tempting, but because of all the other reasons already stated, I would just never choose to invest my money in one. Let us know how it goes.

A Fideicomiso can be a good choice if you do a lot of research. Other times it can be a lottery. There are Companies that are famous for being good an undertaking many construction projects with good quality, normally you get information from worth of mouth talking around with locals who know about the subject. There are Companies with lousy reputation too. You should also do networking and try to get references in that neighbourhood regarding their previous projects already completed.
I'm currently doing research for myself and everybody is recommending the same construction company which stands out among others in the area I am interested in. David, do you know the Company name of your friend's choice in Caballito?

Back