Has Anyone ever seen real, crumbling greek feta here?

HectorH

Registered
Every time I've ever seen feta here it's always something else that is definitely not the feta I know: the white, easily crumbling blocks full moisture. Anyone seen that sort of feta here?

i love santi cheese's goat feta. they also have a couple other varieties but i've only had the goat milk.

i wouldn't call it super crumbly, but perhaps the sheep's milk one would be. regardless, it's really good. i always just chopped it up into bits to get it like crumbles.

Try Panederia Armenia on Scalabrini Ortiz. They sell feta there.

You can sometimes find imported brined Feta from Greece in some of the supermarkets in Barrio Chino and from time to time at Jumbo.
Also try Santi Cheese Market which sells small scale national production of specialty cheeses - have never tried their Feta but they usually do sell it.

You can sometimes find imported brined Feta from Greece in some of the supermarkets in Barrio Chino and from time to time at Jumbo.
Also try Santi Cheese Market which sells small scale national production of specialty cheeses - have never tried their Feta but they usually do sell it.
Ah thanks, BRINED FETA, that's what I was looking for. Wasn't sure of the correct terminology

Ah thanks, BRINED FETA, that's what I was looking for. Wasn't sure of the correct terminology
It comes in imported every few months. Then it stays in stock for a couple months. Right now we are in a dry spell unfortunately. I’d expect it to be a couple months more until a new shipment comes in. The only domestic brand worth trying is Juan grande, if you need a fix in the meantime.

It comes in imported every few months. Then it stays in stock for a couple months. Right now we are in a dry spell unfortunately. I’d expect it to be a couple months more until a new shipment comes in. The only domestic brand worth trying is Juan grande, if you need a fix in the meantime.
Good tip thanks, the photos of Juan grande actually look quite good!
1687314412076.png

Back