Anyone Interested in Starting a Business Venture

starlucia said:
Someone should start a website like Menupages. Most restaurants don't have their menus online, and there is nothing more annoying than trying to pick a new place without being able to check out what they actually offer.
Withers thought the same thing and started buenos aires deliveries which is doing great!

I´ve been doing some business consultancy with businesses in the north but would love to work on something here, PM me if youre still looking

Dont hire anyone in here. I hired two tech guys for two years and they ended up suing me for $150,000 each (Pesos).

The lawsuit was painful, four years long. I won it, but I had to pay my lawyer $87,000 (about 20K USD). By the way, the judges are the ones that set my lawyer's fees...

I outsource everything in India now to rent a coder...

starlucia said:
Someone should start a website like Menupages. Most restaurants don't have their menus online, and there is nothing more annoying than trying to pick a new place without being able to check out what they actually offer.

Actually the lack of variation in the menus might be a little more annoying, thus eliminating the need for such a service. ;)

Hola - thanks for the love for BA Delivery. If anyone is thinking of starting an internet company in BA I can maybe provide some guidance. PM me and we can chat.

hi, I'm new to BA. Working on the internet. Have had quite a few internet (and other) businesses, one we managed to sell to Yahoo. Always keen to talk work or just meet new people. Currently involved with 3 or 4 projects the main being a highly trafficked football songs website; Fanchants.com. This is my linkedin. Please feel free to get in touch. http://th.linkedin.com/pub/michael-dennis/3/889/74

It's a shame the government doesn't help small businesses (or at least not interfere so much.) Buenos Aires is ripe with opportunities if you can manage to get through the red tape and stay clear of the authorities.

Never been much of an entrepreneur myself, but seeing the lack of certain services here (or lack of quality), even I have entertained the thought of starting a business. :)

Tykel68 said:
Sorry, meant to include this too. good article by Inc on doing biz in Arg: http://www.inc.com/magazine/201106/doing-business-in-argentina.html (over 100% in corporate tax, although I would imagine it's slightly sensationalist).
Yes but only slightly. Otherwise it's a pretty darn good overview. The business people who do make it here are very fast, and very careful and could easily make it anywhere in the world.

Back