Anyone Know About Barrio Cerrados And Life In Pilar?

lomdi

Registered
Hi, I'm curious about Pilar and thinking about in some near future perhaps buying a small house in a barrio cerrado. But I realize I know nearly nothing about the area. But I have some illusion that it would fit my future family life with argentine husband and children; more tranquility (I'm sick of the craziness of Capital), more nature and a higher quality of living.

But can anyone recommend some barrios? Some that are not too fancy, but where you can find a nice little house for a reasonable price. And, since my husband works in Capital, is it even possible to commute daily (we have a car)?

Also I read about the express bus 57. Is it only accesible from the Ramal Pilar? In that case I guess I'm most curious about barrios close to the bus. Or are there other ways to easily reach capital without car?

And how is Pilar as a town? Anything going on? Good child care, kindergartens, schools etc?

And where do you find supermarket and shops?

Well, I guess that summons it. Thanks!

Pilar is basicly just a ton of barrio cerrados. There is a barrio for every need and wish. The schools are very good, and like the barrios there is a wide range. There are a few "shopping centres" like las palmas, which has jumbo, there is a carrefour and a walmart too in pilar. If you like suburb type living it could suit you, but sometimes I get fustrated with the lack of activities, but we are a young couple, maybe there are more family orintated activites than I am aware of. lots of people to the pilar/capital communite from pilar. the panamericana is fast, but at peak times it can get conjested.

for what it is, I like pilar, and yes the pace of life is definatly sower than capital

Thank you. Yeah I see that there is a jungle of barrios. Is it possible to name anyone or a few which are particularly cosy and not too posh. More natury and nice... Or do you just have to do it the hard way, contact real estate agents and go visit them?

One thing to be aware if you buy in a barrio cerrado is that the expensas are often equivalent to the rent on an apartment in Capital.

You can live in Pilar and commute to Capital, many people do, but it will add an hour and a half or more of traveling to your day. We have friends who bought a terreno in Escobar and are renting nearby while they build and she takes the bus into centro capital everyday for work and is already starting to find it exhausting -- and they haven't even poured the foundations yet.

I didn't grow up in the burbs so for me I don't know if the trade off would be worth it. We decided before moving from Capital to just try living in a neighbourhood that is more tranquilo, and so far we are very happy with it. Before moving to Pilar you might want to consider looking at other neighbourhoods around Capital, not every neighbourhood is full of towers and screaming buses, many are still just 2-4 story homes and apartments with only 8 units. Have a look into Saavedra, parts of Nunez, Coghlan, Urquiza, Ortuzar, Pueyrredon, Devoto (though without a car a bit of a pain in terms of public transport).

We live in a barrio cerrado/country club in Pilar. For our family (2 kids; 3 and 7 years old) I think that it is great. We have easy access to the Panamericana, 5 minutes from a big shopping mall (Las Palmas) and 10 minutes from an even bigger mall (Tortugas Open Mall). There are movie theaters, cafes, restaurants, shops etc. all very, very close. Also a very nice, big, new hospital (Austral), schools, Universities, etc. It is suburban life, so it depends on what you are looking for. We don’t go into the town of Pilar very often. The one disadvantage is it takes me between 1 to 2 hours each way to get to and from my office in the micro-centro.
As far as finding out what is available, your best bet is to contact a realtor, maybe through ArgenProp to show you around. Of course you can’t just drive around and look, because you cannot enter any barrio cerrado unless you know someone that lives there, or a realtor takes you to see a home.

I am also in the same position and looking at moving to Pilar or similar area as I am totally sick of the capital. I would like to rent a house to get a feel for the place before buying, so if anyone has contacts they recommend let me know.

try " Los Pilares" in pilar .
expenses with good security is around 2200 pesos.
do a search on the web, its in km 51 from panamericana ramal pilar.
and it limits by the side with lagartos,

Also, you can check barrios cerrados in Rincon de Milberg or Nordelta, is closer to the city than Pilar. There are good schools, shop, cinemas, restaurants. My sister lives in Barrio La laguna, she is happy, for her children were a good change also, they made good friends and they can play in the streets inside the barrio that is safe.
If you need a good contact of a real estate in that area i can give you one.

Thank you. Yeah I see that there is a jungle of barrios. Is it possible to name anyone or a few which are particularly cosy and not too posh. More natury and nice... Or do you just have to do it the hard way, contact real estate agents and go visit them?

In capital, Villa Devoto is full of trees and is mostly houses, but there are not many parks (although there are a few). Nunez and Coghlan are cozier, and there nice houses but not much green. In the capital, there aren't a lot green areas. Villa del parque is another neighborhood that is quieter, and Flores, but I wouldn't recommend Flores due to the fact that it is close to a villa on one side and on the other side it's full of clubs and prostitutes. Villa del parque has lots of housing instead of apartment areas as well, and is adjacent with general paz.

Back