Anyone using a KINDLE here?

I've used a Kindle here in BA for the last year, and it has been a lifesaver. I've had no problems at all with downloads. I have an account with Amazon from the US and I've ordered books when I've been traveling in pretty remote areas of Argentina. There is an additional $1.99 charge for international wireless delivery, but if you download the book from your laptop instead of using the wireless, the price per book is exactly the same as in the US or Europe. Average download time is probably a minute. I also have subscriptions, and no problems with those either.

I highly recommend the Kindle. Haven't used the Sony, but I prefer not to have the backlight of the iPad when I'm reading for long periods of time.

I have had a kindle and bought before I left the U.S. a couple a months ago. I have had no problem downloading books, newspapers, etc. in Argentina. I think that's right that you do pay a fee for wireless delivery outside U.S. but it's easy to download from Amazon site. I haven't come across any copyright issues -- I have been able to download whatever I've needed to. I think the Kindle has been great and glad I have it.

Back