anyone want to go to River vs velez game??

tstone said:
Do you know how much the tickets are?

I'm curious about the price as well. It may be too late for me since the game is this weekend, but I'd like to go to another game sometime.

yeah how much are they thru the tour your looking at? I was already thinking of just going solo.

I ordered them thru Landing pad b.a...paid 50 dollars each ticket for popular tickets.

There is no need to purchase tickets from a company because they will charge you more than what the tickets are worth. The great thing about River is that the stadium is so big, unless they are playing Boca, it will not sell out. Show up at the stadium an hour or half hour before the game and go to the ticket window and buy a 40 peso ticket. We tried to do that at the Boca game and shady people wanted us to follow them in alleys and dicked us around for about 45 minutes and then we had to pay 180 pesos for 40 peso tickets. Another reason why River is better than Boca.

Yeah, what's the deal with Boca tickets? Went to get tix for the Boca v. Estudiantes match this weekend, and everybody tells me that Boca doesn't even sell tickets to their games anymore. Can that be true? There's NO tickets to ANY Boca matches unless I buy them on the street?

Every foreigner that comes to BA wants to go to a Boca match and I really don't know why. The stadium is in a dodgy area, the stairwells smell of piss after the match, it's impossible to get tickets and the few of my friends who managed to get tickets got fake ones and weren't allowed into the match. I would recommend going to a River or Velez game, much nicer areas and atleast I know for River it is very simple to get a ticket. Not too sure about Velez, in my time in BA I have been to Argentina vs Espana at the Monumental, Clasico de Avellaneda at Independientes Stadium, Boca vs Lanus at La Bombonera(Boca perdió, so I was happy) River vs Racing at the Monumental, Superclasico at Monumental, River vs Olimpo at the Monumental and San Lorenzo Estudiantes in dodgy Boedo. The grea thing about River is you just walk up to the window and say una, and they will charge you 40 pesos. It's great

I don't expect too many "Populares" to be available on match day against the official price with River leading the table right now. But you could always opt for a ticket in de seated section "Platea", which is somewhat more costly, but wont cost you 200USD.

Don't use the tours, they're overpriced. Even if they include transportation from/to the game. Just take the bus/subte.

Back