Anyone willing to bring a package from USA?

I sympathise with Syngirl, but Orwellian is right. Unless you know some one very well this is one risky thing to do.
I brought a credit card in for some one, that would be my limit.

Sorry to say but that is the state we now live in, take great care.

SuperPilot said:
I don't see what the problem would be in I inspected the dress and made sure it was all on the up and up(i'm sure it is)

What's wrong with a friend bringing something to another friend?;)

Does not every check in ask "are you carrying something for anyone else?"
For good reason.

tangobob said:
Does not every check in ask "are you carrying something for anyone else?"
For good reason.
Actually.. nope. Never get asked that from the US only into the US.

For Chris's sake orwellian, relax.

For full disclosure, this is my WEDDING dress I'm asking to be brought down. Here it is, beautiful dress for only 378USD. Here everything is ugly as fuck and starts around 3000 pesos.

So since we don't have a tonne of cash and I'm a practical bride I thought I'd order a BCBG dress to be brought down.

http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.j...817&clickid=cat_leftnav_txt&parentPage=family

There it is. In all it's glory. You reall think that's really what I'm planning on doing -- IMPORTING drugs into South America??? How long have you been here? Obviously you haven't clued into the fact that the US IMPORTS drugs, Argentina EXPORTS drugs. I'm asking for a dress to be brought from the USA. If it were about drugs or illegal substances it would be traveling in the opposite direction!!!

This is a 378 dollar dress. 10 dollars shipping. For me to travel and get it myself would be another 1500 bucks or so. For that money I can get one of the butt ugly dresses they make here.

jesus orwellian, relax buddy. You're Mr Fucking Conspiracy all over theforum these days.

By the way, thanks TangoBob for chiming in with orwellian. you're both a couple of goofs. I wasn't planning on disclosing this was my wedding dress unless someone actually wanted to bring it in, but there you go, since you're both such fricking panickers, you can all hear all about my goddamn wedding dress problems. I'm broke, I hate the dresses they have here, and i refuse to spend 1000 USD on a dress you wear for 5 fucking hours. So I'm trying to find away around it, and this seemed to be a fairly easy thing to ask, but as this forum is turning into Conspiracy Central these days, it's not even easy to ask one bloody question.

SuperPilot said:
So the way I see it I am not taking a package from a person like I think you were referring to in your post but a clothing manufacturer.

Since Syngirl is a regular poster here I doubt that she wants to smuggle drugs. But it's easy to have an insider in a company that sends drugs, it happens all the time. So that should not make you feel safer.

SuperPilot said:
Actually.. nope. Never get asked that from the US only into the US.

If you get asked that by customs and say yes. Prepare to get searched.

Anyway in the end, I won't be able to get it to SuperPilot before he leaves, it's 2 biz days in warehouse + 5 biz days in shipping so I won't be able to send it on to you. So I'm probably just going to have to get my mum to go pick it up in Point Roberts, WA (they only ship to USA, she's in Vancouver, Canada) and bring it down. I was just hoping to get it in advance of the wedding so that I could make alterations if necessary.

Bunch of freaks on this website these days. You're all allowing the terrorists to win with you're panicky attitudes!

syngirl said:
For Chris's sake orwellian, relax.

For full disclosure, this is my WEDDING dress I'm asking to be brought down. Here it is, beautiful dress for only 378USD. Here everything is ugly as fuck and starts around 3000 pesos.

So since we don't have a tonne of cash and I'm a practical bride I thought I'd order a BCBG dress to be brought down.

http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.j...817&clickid=cat_leftnav_txt&parentPage=family

There it is. In all it's glory. You reall think that's really what I'm planning on doing -- IMPORTING drugs into South America??? How long have you been here? Obviously you haven't clued into the fact that the US IMPORTS drugs, Argentina EXPORTS drugs. I'm asking for a dress to be brought from the USA. If it were about drugs or illegal substances it would be traveling in the opposite direction!!!

This is a 378 dollar dress. 10 dollars shipping. For me to travel and get it myself would be another 1500 bucks or so. For that money I can get one of the butt ugly dresses they make here.

jesus orwellian, relax buddy. You're Mr Fucking Conspiracy all over theforum these days.
For 20 bucks they can do 2 day overnight... That would work with me getting it by the 4th!

orwellian said:
Since Syngirl is a regular poster here I doubt that she wants to smuggle drugs. But it's easy to have an insider in a company that sends drugs, it happens all the time. So that should not make you feel safer.
Actually No. I don't think that BCBG ships drugs all time... or EVER. If you think so then you have some major conspiracy issues. I'm sure you think there was a man on the grassy knoll and NASA biggest film actually happen in the Nevada desert...

haha. I know you are just being helpful and I am just joking around too... mostly.

syngirl said:
By the way, thanks TangoBob for chiming in with orwellian. you're both a couple of goofs. I wasn't planning on disclosing this was my wedding dress unless someone actually wanted to bring it in, but there you go, since you're both such fricking panickers, you can all hear all about my goddamn wedding dress problems. I'm broke, I hate the dresses they have here, and i refuse to spend 1000 USD on a dress you wear for 5 fucking hours. So I'm trying to find away around it, and this seemed to be a fairly easy thing to ask, but as this forum is turning into Conspiracy Central these days, it's not even easy to ask one bloody question.

I don't want to trade insults with you, as I said I sympathise with your situation, but you should never carry anything through customs or onto a plane for anyone else.
That is not only common sense, but contravenes international aviation law, as someone claiming to be a pilot should know.
If it makes you feel better pop away, I can take it, but you will not change how I feel or what I know to be sensible.

lol -- I think I need a trackback to the Why are Argentines so Angry thread in here...

sorry about that but this site is getting absolutely ridiculous, no one can ask a single question without a bunch of either useless answers or conspiracy -filled drivel coming their way!

SuperPilot -- thank you very much for the offer, I don't know if it's going to happen, at the end of all this I have a Canadian credit card, they want an American credit card. My boss has an American credit card so I think in the end he's just going to order it for me and my mum will pick it up in Bellingham, WA. Or once they're open I'm going to call the store that's right down the street from my mum in Vancouver, and see if they can special order one in for me and she'll just bring it down in March and we'll hope the size fits.

Is there any possibility of this website returning to being a useful resource? Or are we just going to be washed away by a bunch of conspiracy theorists?

Back