Anyone willing to bring a package from USA?

Seriously Syngirl, I hope your mother can bring it for you, and you have a wonderful day.
I do wish you luck in your coming wedding, and even though I do not know you I wish you happiness.

orwellian said:
If you get asked that by customs and say yes. Prepare to get searched.
They do not ask if you're carrying something for someone else when entering a country. ONLY when checking in

tangobob said:
That is not only common sense, but contravenes international aviation law, as someone claiming to be a pilot should know.
Not trying to be a smart A or anything but which law would I be contravening? I would have packed my own bag. The dress was addressed to me and is for the time it is in my possession MINE. So let me know.

syngirl said:
SuperPilot -- thank you very much for the offer, I don't know if it's going to happen.
No sweat off my back.. I was just trying to help.

Syngirl - congrats on your upcoming wedding and the dress is beautiful!! :)

if you're in a pinch, you can see how much they will charge to ship internationally via Fedex, etc and it will come to your door.

If you need a US credit card, send me an email. I'm happy to have you give me the cash & I can put it on my credit card. We could meet and I can order it with you there (just in case someone suggests I will steal your money and then not order the dress:p)

syngirl said:
...Is there any possibility of this website returning to being a useful resource? Or are we just going to be washed away by a bunch of conspiracy theorists?

I hear you. :( I still have hope it will go back to better days.

In the meantime; there's always that http://baexpats.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist ... Maybe if enough people use it to block the usual suspects, the admins might realzie there's some guests not worth having around (by popular demand). Anyways, good luck w/ the dress and congrats!! ;)

syngirl said:
sorry about that but this site is getting absolutely ridiculous, no one can ask a single question without a bunch of either useless answers or conspiracy -filled drivel coming their way!

Is there any possibility of this website returning to being a useful resource? Or are we just going to be washed away by a bunch of conspiracy theorists?

Sure, bring out the conspiracy theorists label whenever you don't have any arguments. It don't care what this is for, you should NEVER ask a stranger to bring something through customs. That is useful information as it might save someone from life in prison.

SuperPilot said:
Actually No. I don't think that BCBG ships drugs all time... or EVER. If you think so then you have some major conspiracy issues. I'm sure you think there was a man on the grassy knoll and NASA biggest film actually happen in the Nevada desert...

I wasn't saying they do. I said that employees in companies do it all the time. How do you think they smuggle drugs into prisons for example? Often with insiders.

Again orwellian, I need to ask, Who? WHO? WHO??? Is smuggling drugs INTO Argentina????

syngirl said:
Again orwellian, I need to ask, Who? WHO? WHO??? Is smuggling drugs INTO Argentina????

I'd be happy to smuggle it in for you. I'm coming down around Feb 9, but still have to book my ticket. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do...

syngirl said:

EDIT: A lot of people do, where do you think all the weed and cocaine comes from? Drugs like ecstasy and speed might be brought in from the U.S.
I read about one guy who got busted with bringing in ecstasy into Thailand sewed into his pants.

1) Weed and coke = Paraguay and Bolivia
2) Ecstasy and speed = no sorry, you obviously missed the whole Amphetamines bust and the murders and the Mexican drug links etc -- Argentina = huge producer of amphetamines and ecstasy, not importer
3) I read -- yeah, you read, not knew
4) One guy -- yeah, one guy
5) Thailand -- yeah, Thailand, NOT Argentina
6) Sewed into his pants -- I'm asking for a dress!

C'mon Orwellian, you're just trying to up your posts -- 415 posts since October, wow with that you'll surpass my 5 years of output in a couple of weeks time.

citygirl said:
Syngirl - congrats on your upcoming wedding and the dress is beautiful!!

if you're in a pinch, you can see how much they will charge to ship internationally via Fedex, etc and it will come to your door.

If you need a US credit card, send me an email. I'm happy to have you give me the cash & I can put it on my credit card. We could meet and I can order it with you there (just in case someone suggests I will steal your money and then not order the dress)

Thanks CityGirl, the whole problem is that they only ship to USA right now, which is a pain! They have shops all over, even in Chile, but seems they only sell the wedding dresses online, and only ship to the US. My husband (yes, we actually did a small wedding last year, this is the big over the top scary Argentine wedding coming up) goes to Chile a lot for business, so next time he may be doing me a favour and seeing if they have the dress there (although I'm sure it will be 2x the price!)

Thanks for all the offers of help, I think for the moment it's going to be easiest just to get my boss to order it with his American CC and ship it to our warehouse in Blaine (right on the Wash - BC border), and either he or my mum or one of my friends will pick it up and bring it down for the wedding, and that's that.

I own dresses by them already so pretty sure the size will be fine, it was more a hope that it would be an easy thing to get here early so I could alter if necessary, but as is typical of life here, what would be a matter of a few clicks of the mouse at home becomes a whole ordeal from down here!

Back