Anywhere but Tigre

There are several towns outside the city but within' the province of buenos aires worth visiting.
Lobos is said to be the polo capital of the province and it's only like a 2-hr drive from buenos aires --transportation is not an issue since they have shuttles going back and forth and it's fairly cheap at 35 pesos each way--
San Miguel del Monte is another town worth visiting in my opinion (might be a bit biased on this one since my parents own an Estancia here :D) they also have shuttles departing from paraguay st and callao av every 2 hours
I'm fairly confident both these towns (15-min away from each-other) would offer you and your husband plenty to do/see.

Thank you AngelinBA, I think Cordoba is next on my hit list. The coaches are great. I've been to Iguazu and Salta but hadn't considered doing a shorter journey overnight, good idea.

Sometimes I just fancy a day trip, so thanks xtrasback for the suggestions that are a short bus ride away too.

1 day:

LUJAN (museums , basilica, food), Capilla del Señor (very nice little town), Cañuelas-San Vicente (Peron Museum), La Plata, San Antonio de Areco, Mercedes.

2 days: San Miguel del Monte-Chascomus, San Pedro and the coast, fishing trip to middle size Buenos Aires towns (Junin?), General Belgrano (Bs As).

3 days: Azul to Tandil, Tandil to Balcarce, Iguazu with flights, Colon (Entre Rios, National Park, historic areas, San Jose mansion, etc), San Clemente del Tuyu and around, or Pinamar-Carilo-Mar de las Pampas, Mar del Plata (hey, it´s impressive after all). Close to home: route 6 around Buenos Aires, touches many small destinations (Lujan, San Vicente, Cañuelas, Los Cardales, Escobar).

A lot more.

Back