Apartment Expenses For Worn Out Blind

Its a big hassle dealing with arrogant landlords.

There are few landlords that haven't been burned big time by tenants.

Regarding the persiana of the OP, pay for the repair and keep a good relationship with your landlord/management company. Talk to the portero about doing the work or get a recommendation from him or her for someone else to do it. I shouldn't be that expensive as I've had to do the same thing in the past with the strap on a persiana.
In the long run it will favor you.

One thing that seems weird to me is that we've lived in our apartment here for almost 9 years and my furniture does not look worn out. And the same goes for the furniture in my other homes in the past, maybe I got tired of living with the same stuff and got rid of it, but not worn out. What did you do to that sofa?
Nancy

If it's eco-cuero that stuff is terrible and wears out very quickly, unlike a leather or cloth sofa that does not.

Totally agree regarding Eco cuero. My couch covering started flaking off after about two years. I had to have custom covers made.

I am not sure what is eco-cuero!

This one, which I am discussing in my above posts was semi-cuero. This means, it was neither leather and it was neither cloth. It was something "fake" which looks like leather but is not leather.

And my esteemed landlord had the audacity to tell me that I do not have eyes for "fine furniture!!"

I am not sure what is eco-cuero!

This one, which I am discussing in my above posts was semi-cuero. This means, it was neither leather and it was neither cloth. It was something "fake" which looks like leather but is not leather.

And my esteemed landlord had the audacity to tell me that I do not have eyes for "fine furniture!!"
you had eco cuero ( also known in the US as veggie leather ) ie plastic

Strange talk here. How can you expect something the same after 3 years of use? What's the point to rent furnished apart, if you have to buy everything new again after you leave?

Of course, if it's destroyed by improper use is different, but this has to be proven by landlord.

I heard quite a few horror stories from tenants in this country, fewer by landlords (these are always "I heard that happened to someone"). And I know both of them... Last time woman charged 18,000 pesos for painting apartment (36 square metres), even though it wasn't painted for at least 5 years before and no damage, just normal darkening and mold.

Strange talk here. How can you expect something the same after 3 years of use? What's the point to rent furnished apart, if you have to buy everything new again after you leave?

Of course, if it's destroyed by improper use is different, but this has to be proven by landlord.

I heard quite a few horror stories from tenants in this country, fewer by landlords (these are always "I heard that happened to someone"). And I know both of them... Last time woman charged 18,000 pesos for painting apartment (36 square metres), even though it wasn't painted for at least 5 years before and no damage, just normal darkening and mold.

Appreciated your post Mikic007.

Looking at other responses, I was beginning to wonder if I am crazy..Or...

Back