Apartment purchase cost?

Why are you buying in Argentina? People in Argentina selling their properties and buying in FL and renting in BsAs.
I'm sick of dealing with nasty realtors thinking they have a right to an arm, a leg, and my first born son for showing me a rental apartment if I can even convince them to get off their ass, and I'm sick of dealing with Airbnb and the dishonest vermin that infest the platform. I went scorched earth on Airbnb after I renewed at the last place I stayed at while looking for something more permanent and the owner took my money, then informed me that I was no longer allowed to cook in my (private, non-shared apartment) because she doesn't like the smell of meat. I had to threaten AirBnB with filing criminal charges to get any of the money back, and eventually I just disputed the charges with my bank. The place before that had a sewage problem and would flood the house with poowater every time I took a shower, the owner refused to fix it after being informed, and then tried to charge me for the damage it caused. The AirBnB before that, the next door neighbor decided to replace his plumbing and chopped the water main in half and did something to the sewage line, so the apartment didn't have water for 5 days and constantly smelled like poo to the point where the fumes made me sick.

Life is too short to deal with this kind of crap. I think there's a killing to be made for someone who launches some sort of monthly apartahotel business in the new Argentina. I'm in one now and it's great, but it was a hell of a mission to find. I'm buying a place so I don't have to deal the constant insecurity of bouncing around and being at the mercy of these vile people and platforms I have no desire to interact with every month when something new comes up.

I'm sick of dealing with nasty realtors thinking they have a right to an arm, a leg, and my first born son for showing me a rental apartment if I can even convince them to get off their ass, and I'm sick of dealing with Airbnb and the dishonest vermin that infest the platform. I went scorched earth on Airbnb after I renewed at the last place I stayed at while looking for something more permanent and the owner took my money, then informed me that I was no longer allowed to cook in my (private, non-shared apartment) because she doesn't like the smell of meat. I had to threaten AirBnB with filing criminal charges to get any of the money back, and eventually I just disputed the charges with my bank. The place before that had a sewage problem and would flood the house with poowater every time I took a shower, the owner refused to fix it after being informed, and then tried to charge me for the damage it caused. The AirBnB before that, the next door neighbor decided to replace his plumbing and chopped the water main in half and did something to the sewage line, so the apartment didn't have water for 5 days and constantly smelled like poo to the point where the fumes made me sick.

Life is too short to deal with this kind of crap. I think there's a killing to be made for someone who launches some sort of monthly apartahotel business in the new Argentina. I'm in one now and it's great, but it was a hell of a mission to find. I'm buying a place so I don't have to deal the constant insecurity of bouncing around and being at the mercy of these vile people and platforms I have no desire to interact with every month when something new comes up.
Can you share details on what you found? May need something like a monthly aparthotel soon

Unfortunately when buying a house you also have the deal with the same chantas.
Although it’s relatively short lived.

When buying a house here you will have to deal with all these things as well but the only difference; you can’t pack up and leave this time. It’s yours. If you got a steady income on USD, Euros or GBP then you can pretty much rent anywhere you can afford and should you have any such problems just get a lawyer. A lot more affordable and easier than in the USA and a lawyer will definitely get you compensated for what you had to deal with. Many people rent permanently and don’t have any of those problems.

Can you share details on what you found? May need something like a monthly aparthotel soon
lofter.io
I think they're only in La Plata, but it was a fantastic experience. I showed up, I paid them a month of rent in cash, they gave me the keys, I moved in with my dog. Everything in the apartment was in pretty decent shape and everything worked. No silly games, no realtors wanting absurd commissions, no attempt to mislead me in any way. I paid them $500 and got an apartment where I could stay with my dog for a month. Highly recommend.

Back