Apartment purchase cost?

Getting the USD into the country adds a bit to the cost, maybe lots to the stress

Nah it’s not difficult at all. Just adds about 2.5% to the price but you can easily have a broker buy bonds and then give you the US dollars. It’s quick and easy.
This is exactly correct. Things have changed since years ago. Now the way you can legally bring in US dollars is to go through a broker. I do it all the time. They will charge you a fixed cost. Usually around 2.5% and then will bring in your US dollars so you can pay the owner of the real estate you're buying. Very safe as long as you're using a reputable broker.

This is exactly correct. Things have changed since years ago. Now the way you can legally bring in US dollars is to go through a broker. I do it all the time. They will charge you a fixed cost. Usually around 2.5% and then will bring in your US dollars so you can pay the owner of the real estate you're buying. Very safe as long as you're using a reputable broker.
Is 2.5% still a reasonable expectation for the cost?

I’m looking a buying a house in Pilar.

Any names of reputable brokers?

Is 2.5% still a reasonable expectation for the cost?

I’m looking a buying a house in Pilar.

Any names of reputable brokers?
A friend of mine is selling a newly built house (with pool, on 1000 sqm, in a "barrio cerrado") in Pilar, if you're interested PM me and I can put you in touch. I don't know which broker he's using.

Thanks but sounds like it’s out of my budget
Fair enough, just so people know what they would be getting into, out there a 120-150sqm house (2-3 bedrooms) with 4x8 pool and 20sqm semi-covered area for the BBQ on 100sqm of land would cost 250-300k depending on amenities, which can include tennis courts and golf courses ($++). You can find less expensive places with 300sqm land, but that’s really not going to be nice when it’s all built out. All these places are about 1 hours drive to CABA, from Pilar or Campana, depending very much on traffic. You can also build yourself, calculate 30-50k for a 1000sqm plot of land, maybe 100-150k for building, and 2-3 years to get the job done. Not counting mental attrition, sleep and hair loss, and other problems. Or you can rent in CABA.

Fair enough, just so people know what they would be getting into, out there a 120-150sqm house (2-3 bedrooms) with 4x8 pool and 20sqm semi-covered area for the BBQ on 100sqm of land would cost 250-300k depending on amenities, which can include tennis courts and golf courses ($++). You can find less expensive places with 300sqm land, but that’s really not going to be nice when it’s all built out. All these places are about 1 hours drive to CABA, from Pilar or Campana, depending very much on traffic. You can also build yourself, calculate 30-50k for a 1000sqm plot of land, maybe 100-150k for building, and 2-3 years to get the job done. Not counting mental attrition, sleep and hair loss, and other problems. Or you can rent in CABA.
I meant to write "semi-covered area for the BBQ on 1000sqm of land" of course.

I’m looking at 170k USD for a finished 4 bed house with a pool.
Barrio has no amenities but not really bothered about that, schools nearby.
Can easily drive to a golf course.

Back