Apartment purchase cost?

Hello, any reputable brokers who can bring my money into Argentina?
There was some deliberate obfuscation on the part of the real estate dude, I thought I could pay in an account abroad turns out I can't.

There was some deliberate obfuscation on the part of the real estate dude, I thought I could pay in an account abroad turns out I can't.
Curious if you ever resolved this as I may be needing the same services soon

Wait a little more till Milei fully implements his liberal policies. You’ll just transfer your money from your bank to Argentina. These practices will disappear soon.

Why are you buying in Argentina? People in Argentina selling their properties and buying in FL and renting in BsAs.

Because I want to live in Argentina and not Florida?
I’m not saying don’t live in Argentina. Actually you should. I was just saying don’t buy in Argentina where you can rent a better place with the rental income you get from your property in the US. I didn’t even tell you to buy in FL but just referred to Argentines who do. And do whatever you want. You’ll get what I’m saying one day. I was just giving my dos centavos through my experiences since this is a platform where people try to help.

Why are you buying in Argentina? People in Argentina selling their properties and buying in FL and renting in BsAs.
People historically buy high and sell low.
Just my opinion but I think now is the time to BUY not sell in Argentina. Real estate in the rest of the world is at an all time high.
Adjusted for inflation real estate prices in Argentina are below the median historically and properties tend to bounce. The same property people bought in 2018 for 250k is now 150k.

If I was only thinking of $ terms I would buy myself, the reason I'm having doubts is I'm not sure if I will stay and don't want to have tax residency here. So it is annoying to buy a property on a tourist visa (though it's supposed to be possible with just tourist visa + cuit).

In my case I'm keen to just stick to the stock market with 0 headaches involved, but maybe I will try to look for something cheap (as in 50-70k) just to have something down here.

For anyone living long term here it's a no brainer to buy, I would say it's a good idea to find a long term lease in pesos (if you can find one) and buy a property and rent it to foreigners in usd cash. If you have any eye for furnishing/decoration it's a no brainer. Most temp apartments in the main barrios are badly furnished and tiny and still yield almost 10% per year compared to the property price.

It’s listed in the real estate agency apartments for sale description page and costs of properties (almost all that I have seen)
It is an scam, look for another real estate agent. I can recommend you mine.

You are misinterpreting what the website says.

For example, if you want to buy an apt in Recoleta for 400k dollars. Real estate agents says his fee is 4% - 16k dollars. You have to pay 21% VAT on the agent's fees - 0.21 * 16 = 3.36k more.

VAT is not applied to the price of the property.
Real estate agents do not charge VAT. They do not want to.

Back