Apartments and Jobs

mini said:
Even I have been telling myself I need to see an acupuncturist. Never been before so... maybe if I have someone contacting me I might be "pushed" to give it a try. hint, hint! ;)

Me too!!

And it's true what Perry says about sleazy people maybe misconstruing your "massage"... if you do go the massage route, maybe you could rent a little "office" space to set up your whole practice (to include the accupuncture and herbalism) but make absolutely clear that it's above board massages (maybe listing your credentials and techniques, hot stone, shiatsu, etc.) and NOT the "happy ending" variety.

Mahara said:
Assuming you mean 100 pesos an hour, or did you mean $100 US?

Yes, I mean $100 pesos an hour. I speak in local currency ;)

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement! I would absolutely love to go into practice in BA and after some of your thoughts I think I may give it a shot. I will have a small savings buffer but know that I will really need to hustle and put myself out there to be successful. Any BA marketing tips would be helpful. I take for granted that I am currently well connected where I live and rely on this for a lot of my business.
I'll let you know what happens but plan on being down there by September.
thanks again!
Mia

I also think that there are opportunities to develop an experienced acupuncture practice here. I've had acupuncture in SF, London, Japan and Korea. It worked well.

There are many many gyms, pilates, yoga and dance studios here in BA, almost on every block it seems. All of which can refer their clients to acupuncture and other therapy modalities. A way to start cold marketing would be to leave fliers in all these studios.

Although rents may seem cheaper in San Telmo, you'll want to be work close to where most of your clients are. I am guessing that anywhere on subte D would be best for this. PM me if you want to chat more about this.

Back