Apartments BA: anyone used them?

sgarlow

Registered
Due to a non-so-great experience with our landlord/realtor (unfortunate since we really like our apartment), we are looking for a new apartment, and I was wondering if anyone has used Apartments BA (www.apartmentsba.com). Any bad experiences? Trustworthy? Etc.

Thanks.

Along the same lines, if anyone knows of a furnished one-bedroom apartment in Palermo (more or less between Scalabrini and Bonpland, Santa Fe and Soler) for rent for a reasonable price, let me know.

We used ApartmentsBA a few years ago and they were OK. But, they have recently changed owner and I don't have any current information.

We have been very happy with [email protected]. Matthew can help you find a nice place.

Craig

I just did a short term (long weekend) rental with them in November under the new ownership and it was okay, however their apartments have gotten quite expensive. (I don't know if that's on their recommend or if the owners are insisting)
L'Occitane products or not, if you're looking for something more long term 3+ months you might want to check with some of the others.

NYC2BA said:
I just did a short term (long weekend) rental with them in November under the new ownership and it was okay, however their apartments have gotten quite expensive. (I don't know if that's on their recommend or if the owners are insisting)
L'Occitane products or not, if you're looking for something more long term 3+ months you might want to check with some of the others.

All of the properties are getting more expensive. Now that the subsidies are being taken away, the owners are using that as an excuse to raise their rates by hundreds of dollars.

va2ba said:
All of the properties are getting more expensive. Now that the subsidies are being taken away, the owners are using that as an excuse to raise their rates by hundreds of dollars.

Yes I'm discovering this the hard way.

Craig, does [email protected] have a website or do I go directly through Matthew?

And I'm looking for a place for five months, just having trouble finding any place suitable (for a reasonable amount of money) on any of the sites typically recommended on this forum.

I have an apt that is available right now if you are interested. The website for the apt is www.stayba.com If it fits your needs you can contact me through the website. Good Luck, Mark

sgarlow said:
And I'm looking for a place for five months, just having trouble finding any place suitable (for a reasonable amount of money) on any of the sites typically recommended on this forum.

Check craigslist, couchsurfing, etc. Looking for private owners is always cheaper than going through an organization like that. I found a brand new loft apartment in Palermo for $650/month, with a 6 month lease that way. Probably would have been near $1000/month on one of those agency sites.

El Duderino said:
Probably would have been near $1000/month on one of those agency sites.

Agencies typicaly take a 20% cut, so it would have been us$812 through an agency.

Back