Apartments in BA

I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that the length of a rental contract for a regular, "local" apartment is 2-years, not one.
Everyone has to have a garantia, who wishes to rent one (and more and more, property owners are demanding that the garantia be from someone that lives and owns property in Capital Federal).
We live in a small-ish PH apartment in Chacarita (with no porteno, no amenities and, consequently extremely low expenses) and pay 1,600 pesos per month. I'm expecting it to go up to nearer 1,800/2,000 in January when we renew the contract (this is on the cheap side compared to what I'm seeing at real estate agents in the surrounding areas). I would therefore agree with citigirl that for a nice 1-bedroom place with pool, gym, etc in Palermo, the rent would be nearer 2,500 and your expenses will be around 500.
The furnished, "tourist" places are expensive for a variety of reasons - they usually include bills, expenses and sometimes even a cleaning services. They are furnished (depending on the price, you will see a variety in quality of furnishings...but generally, even the rubbishy furniture here is expensive). The maximum contract that an owner can give to a tourist is 6-months...so they can't guarantee their income as much as a regular rental.
Perhaps you could rent on the same terms as a local without a garantia if you came to an agreement with the owner (usually this involves paying everything up front too)...but these opportunities are hard to find. Given your specifications too, I can't imagine you'll save a fortune.

Back