apartments

rando

Registered
can someone point me to a good broker of temp. rentals in BA ?

If you enter the words "apartment" and "renting" in the search box you will find a lot of useful information.

If you have any questions after reading a couple hundred posts just let us know.

I had friends who used apartmentsba and were happy with the service and their deposits were returned in full on the other hand several people I know had bad experiences with bastay which is the same company as buenosairesstay so I would avoid them.

buenosaireshabitat and apartmentsba both have a good reputation. They are also pricey....but they offer a quality service for the money.

I've rented from BAStay/BuenosAiresStay and IdeaRental. They both came through.

My only complaint with BAStay is that when I arrived to the city earlier than scheduled, they made no attempt to accommodate me. I ended up sitting on the sidewalk for an hour waiting for the owner to show up -- with $1,000 in cash, laptops, a $2,000 digital camera, two 50 pound suitcases, etc. I called them and said that I had arrived early -- no consideration whatsoever. Had I been them, I would have asked, "Would you like to come to our office?" My only option was to wait. Again, none of this was their fault. However, if you decide to rent with them (again, everything worked out fine in the end) and if you arrive early, just wait at the airport and don't even bother to arrive on time.

Bastay/Buenosairesstay are the worst, so many bad stories that I know personally from many people I would never use them, why risk it when there are good agencies out there, like Dr_dawggy said apartmentsba has a good reputation, habitat etc. With good agencies no one has a bad experience, with bad ones some do some don't but there is a much higher risk that you will have a problem. Again, if several people tell you a restaurant is bad do you still go.

Globecruzer said:
Bastay/Buenosairesstay are the worst, so many bad stories that I know personally from many people I would never use them, why risk it when there are good agencies out there, like Dr_dawggy said apartmentsba has a good reputation, habitat etc. With good agencies no one has a bad experience, with bad ones some do some don't but there is a much higher risk that you will have a problem. Again, if several people tell you a restaurant is bad do you still go.

I'm just relating my personal experience with them. It wasn't positive or negative. They did provide the service that was promised, but didn't go above and beyond to guarantee my satisfaction. (Maybe it's just me, but I would never leave a client sitting on the sidewalk for an hour..) They do have pretty good prices, however. Some of their studios are priced at around $500 a month, which is not bad for a tourist rental these days.

It's been sometime since I have been in BA and I am back - love it! Missed it and moaned all the way through my last stay. I have used BAStay once again and I know them through friends and colleagues to have one of the best reps in the business - always honest and always organised and very efficient - just read the various notice boards. The 5 time poster is working on hearsay, wrong info - they are very good!

Back