Apocalytic scenes in Argentinian banks

What a joke of a quarantine. And does anyone really think there are only 1100 cases?

gracielle, you must be young enough not to truly understand that what really matters here and now is LIFE.

Not funds, not cash in hand.
You could be swimming in cash right now and still be royally screwed like the rest of us.

Once you get this through your skull you will appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Back in 2001, a LOT of people died. Unaccounted people. Old folk who died of strokes, lacking meds, care or food. Invisible people.
Those responsible were judged, and pretty much let go with a slap on their hands, only for the financial and economical disaster.
Not for the crimes against the actual people. Money mattered, people didn´t

Lines like the ones you are witnessing now do kill people. Do not kid yourself about it. They might not make the Covid19 statistics but today, tomorrow or the day after some poor old soul will drop dead because of this.

View attachment 6782

Iz

To do what they did today to older people was a terrible crime of inmense proportions . Anybody would have known the desperation of these people as to be able to claim their little money that the state frugally gives to you. If you are asking that everyone stays at home its absolutely ridiculuos to allow the scenes of today from Corrientes to Chubut . There were literally thousands of people in some banks in lines as well as vendedores ambulantes selling drinks . masks, and gloves . What is the point of the quarantine if our most vulnerable the elderly have to risk their lives as to be able to recieve their money .

To do what they did today to older people was a terrible crime of inmense proportions . Anybody would have known the desperation of these people as to be able to claim their little money that the state frugally gives to you. If you are asking that everyone stays at home its absolutely ridiculuos to allow the scenes of today from Corrientes to Chubut . There were literally thousands of people in some banks in lines as well as vendedores ambulantes selling drinks . masks, and gloves . What is the point of the quarantine if our most vulnerable the elderly have to risk their lives as to be able to recieve their money .

If the "virus" is as easily spread from person to person as the "experts" say, I won´t be at all surprised if there is a huge spike in the number of infections of the elderly in about two weeks.

I feel like the whole lockdown over the last two weeks has been rendered pointless. What's the point in all being indoors for the next two weeks now, and even talk of extending further. In a month it will be the same. What a waste of time the last two weeks were.
Did someoine in the government just say, "Release the hounds?"

...or was it the hoards?

Either way, the effect will be the same.

I feel like the whole lockdown over the last two weeks has been rendered pointless. What's the point in all being indoors for the next two weeks now, and even talk of extending further. In a month it will be the same. What a waste of time the last two weeks were.
Exactly. Argentina is just breaking it's already broken economy without making any real progress against the coronavirus.

I have 300 family members in Corrientes from my wifes family they are pushing stay at home and they doing it. The whole scene is so crazy and sadistic. I am just so concerned about my family right now I do not have words. Forget it, the quarantine is officially a dud. Death is most likely going blaze like a forest fire within a month to 6 weeks.

I'm not sure it's such a bad idea by the Argentine government. I know many will disagree, but hear me out.

The chinavirus is spread through casual, social contact. I'm not sure contagian will occur amidst a population of strangers, who are fully aware of the preventive protocol, at risk and therefore more cautious,with no common bond except for I need to collect money.

A recent article described an Italian soccer game a few weeks back. Almost all spectators were rooting for the home team and it was an important game. Medical experts could only speculate at the number of hugs, high fives, kisses on the cheek, sharing of drinks, cigarettes and other casual forms of contact which turned the game into a tidal wave of chinavirus that was unleashed upon Italy.

Compare that to the conduct and observance of protocol likely occurring in these bank lines.

The flipside to this enormous turnout is the desperation these people must be under in order to risk health and life for this money.

is anyone surprised here that a process to get money from an AR institution is a total quilumbo?

Back